Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
geordielad00
Accepted Solution

sky live chat never available

why for 3 weeks since i signed up for sky is the online chat always unavailable no matter what time of the day i try to use it?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
geordielad00

Re: sky live chat never available

im talking about skys online advisor chat by the way

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
geordielad00

would someone be as kind to see if they can use the online chat, as im sure its a problem related to my account

cheers

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, sorry to see you're having problems getting through to our advisors on Live Chat. The service is available however it is extremely popular and it can sometimes take a few minutes before the chat button will appear again to indicate an advisor is available.

Can you tell us what you're query is in relation to and we'll try to help as best we can through the forum?

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
geordielad00

lol i have refeshed and refresh for over a hour just today alone, i repeat i have not been able to use this service for 3 weeks, i have no query at the minute as i had to telephone due to the live chat never been available.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

We're working to increase the number of advisors we have on Live Chat as the service grows and will feed this back to the team. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
geordielad00

815pm  online chat still unavialable....

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

We've checked and Live Chat is showing when we go to the contact us page, it does require JavaScript to be enabled on your browser, can you tell us what browser you are using and if you know whether JavaScript is enabled?

It could also depend on the options you are selecting as there are different teams covering different areas of Live Chat, can you tell us what options you are selecting on the Contact Us page?

I'd also recommend trying a different browser.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
geordielad00

[ Edited ]

using ie9. was using ie8 up until 2 days ago, can you give me a link to a live chap option that you know is working??  also just used bts live chat earlier, they also use java and i had no problems connecting with bt

i have tried the live chat for talk technical issues, also live chat for account and billling

Contributor
geordielad00

You can contact us in the following ways

Live ChatSorry, Live Chat is unavailableA Sky agent is available

Apologies, our Live Chat service is unavailable at this time.

i get this message no matter what option i use and have done for 3 weeks, can you check that it is not because i am a new customer and something needs to register somewhere before i can use it

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

Thanks again for that, I'm afraid there is no direct link we can give as the live chat option is generated on our Contact Us page when you select the relevant options. 

We don't offer live chat support for Sky Broadband or Sky Talk issues at present and this option should not be appearing when you select either of these options, I've highlighted this to get the page updated.

You should be able to get through on the Account & Billing options.

The Live Chat service is available to all visitors to the site regardless of whether you are signed in or not.

Again if you have any queries, please post on the forum and we'll try our best to assist where we can.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
geordielad00

i have just tried everyone of these, each and every one of them says , live chat unavailable

Please choose the main issue related to Account and Billing

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

Thanks, have you tried waiting on a page for a few minutes to see if the option changes?

If not can you tell us what you want to use live chat for?

The service is working properly and we're not getting any other reports of issues getting on to chat.

I've also noticed that clicking on the arrow along from e-mail may trigger the Chat option to appear, can you tell us if this works?

It's definitely not an account issue as our live chat service doesn't work off your account and is open to anyone who visits the website regardless of whether they are a Sky customer or not.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
geordielad00

there is a fault on your page/systems.

it says chat unavailable has done for 3 weeks no matter if i refresh or leave it for 5 10 or 20 mins, i have just click the arrow next to email and surprise surprise it came up chat advisor available and then loaded the chat box, so i can use it that way now

howevere it still says chat unavailable with the red light, unless i do it the working way you have just told me to try

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi geordielad00, 

Thanks for letting us know, I've passed this on to the Live Chat team. I'm glad the workaround mentioned above has sorted this for you.

Robert
Community Coordinator