Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
jamietyke

sky link to second tv..... picture but no sound please help

Hi Please help.....

I have sky to a second tv in play room via a sky link from a standard sky box in front room via fr2 outlet and coaxial cable.

worked fine for years to a normal analogue tv. Just bought a new digital tv and manually tuned to channel 68 as this is the channel the sky is on from main box and it has great picture but no sound. Have changed channel from main to (21) but still the same.

Still  works fine on old tv........please help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: sky link to second tv..... picture but no sound please help

Hi jamietyke, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the help forum :smileyhappy:

There is a few things you could try, do you still have old TV to hand? If so, you could reconnect this and see if you get some sound through the TV. If you do not have the TV, can you try checking the TV settings relating to mono/stereo sound as this could be causing the issue. 

Can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
LizKidd

Hi, I have exactly the same problem after setting up a new tv this afternoon. Have tried settings etc with no luck. Hope someone can help us.

Super User
caesarome

What have you done to set it up, have you tunned in your new tv on the analogue channel for it to find the tv picture. I presume the red light is working on the link itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
LizKidd

Hi, I have now sorted this problem with my new tv. Here is how I did it, sorry not technical, but hope it helps. Sky is listed under channel 68 on my tv when I did autotune. Great picture, no sound. Select the channel Sky has tuned to on your telly. On the tv remote under menu, manual tune, I then had an option for TV input. Various things appeared here including BK,C AND L. I selected each one until I got sound, on my telly it was L. Hope this is of some help, Liz.

Occasional Visitor
jamietyke

Hi solved the problem heres how. Tuned the tv manually (analogue) to channel 60 (changed from 68). great picture no sound. Then fine tuned the tv again manually til the sound appeared.

Thanks to all for help/suggestions.

JMC

Occasional Visitor
Matt+howard

Hi Anne. I have the exact same problem! And to answer your question, I have DTV, TV, and radio. The sky is found in the TV section and when found it does say mono? How do I change it to stereo?
Super User
Mark39

Hi Matt,

Tell us specifically about the problem you're having. Is it a new TV? Or a new TV link? Or a new Sky box? Has it worked ok before? Have you tried changing the RF Output channel? Is the sound present on the linked TV when you first switch on the Sky box from standby?

A connection to the RF output of your Sky box only provides mono sound, I'm afraid.

Visitor
Melanie+Norris

I have the same issue since I changed up to SkyPlus (not HD) perfect before hand, now silence! Ive tried all the re-tuning tips, the turning off then turning it back on again but nothing...any ideas anyone?

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Melanie+Norris,

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to join the community.

Can you tell me if you have changed the HDMi or Scart at all? Have you swapped the boxes around to see if this works on another connection in the property?

Kris

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Melanie+Norris

Kris

Thanks for your reply.

To give you the history:- 

We moved into the flat 6 years ago and there was a sky box left in situ.

We swapped with our old sky box - like for like aerial/cabling/scart and the rf which connects to the aerial point in the bedroom producing sound and vision.

Last year we upgraded to Sky plus box and having interchanged the leads (scart can only go into the lower scart socket, the threaded aerial ditto, so youre only playing around with 2 other leads) several times in a vain effort to re-gain the previous service, I can confirm that basically nothing has changed other than we've lost the sound in the bedroom.   

Melanie

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for coming back to Kris, from what you have advised it would be the cabling that is fault, the next step would be to replace the cabling between the bedroom and the Sky+HD Box.

Let me know how you get on.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Super User
Mark39

I'm assuming you have a cable from the RF2 socket of your Sky+ box to a Return socket on the wall. Try unplugging that cable from the wall socket and plugging it into the aerial socket of your main TV (not the bedroom TV) and using the setup menu on that TV to tune in via its analogue tuner to the Sky signal. Do you then get sound ok?

Visitor
Melanie+Norris

LauraMac
Firstly we have a Sky Plus not Sky HD>
Secondly Im very surprised that you think I need a new cable (presumably replacing the coaxial that is there at the moment)
I'm imagining what Im going to say to the aerial fitter "Theres something wrong with the cable in the flat between the bedroom and the living room because since Ive  changed from our old Sky Box to the new SkyPlus box I can no longer get sound...
..and he says :-
So when you had your old box you enjoyed sound and vision, now youve got a SkyPlus box you have vision, but no sound?
I venture to suggest he'll tell me theres more likely to be something different in the box and nothing wrong with the cable..
So can you tell me what the technical basis is for this somewhat expensive operation, and are you expecting some kind on instant cure??

Melanie
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Good Morning Melanie+Norris,

Can you tell me if you've tried the help that Mark39 has suggested in the previous post to see if this helps?

Have a check and see if the box is connected up properly also as it could be something in the set up causing the issue.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator