Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
geordielad00

sky line rental faulty line

[ Edited ]

took sky line rental for the first time at new house, since i have been conected we have a terrible high pitched noise on our line as well as other problems ie people cant hear us etc etc.

reported the fault where it was confirmed there was no problem on our side of the line.

open reach were sent out who confirmed major problem on our line, but ruled out any fault on our side of the wireing.

he went to the exchange and rang me back confirming a fault on skys equipment at the exchange, but for some reason he could not fix it.

i had to get back in touch with sky who then told me a lift and shift would need to take place and this would be done soon, and another open reach engineer would have to be sent to the exchange to swpa the line over, why this was not done the frist time i do not know, so we now have to sit and wait for god knows how long.

because of this fault our broadband is alos having problems with the noise margin dropping to low levels.

just to make it clear i expect to be refunded the line rental charge for this period of fault, and i also expect a further 4 months free line rental for the inconvinence caused,, in this day and age there should be no faults or problems on phone lines.

i should not of been connected to faulty equipment in the first place either, and for the reocord it is skys faulty equipment in the exchange causing this problem, it has noting to do with bt lines or any of there equipment it is skys that are at fault.

i will keep this thread updated, but when the problem is fixed i require compensating as i have stated above, this is not the way to treat a new customer and i am outraged that i have been connected to faulty sky equipment.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Re: sky line rental faulty line

Hi geordielad00,

Thanks for your post regarding this issue, first let me apologise for the issues you have having with the service. This is not typical service we expect any of our customers to experience, however this has been down to unforeseen circumstances.

With regards to repairing the fault, we do need to have Openreach complete any repair work on the exchange equipment as the exchange itself owned by British Telecom. We will aim to have the issue resolved as soon as possible; Have you been given an update as to when the lift and shift would be completed?

Regarding the compensation you are looking for, this would need to be discussed with one of our call centre agents as this is not something we can deal with via the forum.

Thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
geordielad00

just had one of your advisiors phone me, who have stated the lift and shift will take place on tuesday coming.

even with my anger at been conected to duff equipment, i have to admit that everyone of your staff i have spoke to have been really nice, and i have no complaints whatsoever with any of your support staff they have been amazing and a joy to deal with, afterall this is none of there fault.

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi geordielad00,

I am glad to hear that you have been contacted and had this information confirmed.

I appreciate you taking the time to post back and update us with this :smileyhappy:

Can you let us know how it goes on Tuesday?

Many thanks, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
geordielad00

lol dont worry, there will be no doubt that i update you on tuesday regarding this fault, many thanks for now.

Contributor
geordielad00

right that is it, we have now lost total use of our phone, no dial tone nothing, we can not ring it from our mobiles.

this is now a formal complaint, do not insult me by asking me to do any trouble shooting, as it is nothing at my end, your are taking the mick out of us now, broadband is still on.

the compensation i will be seeking has now increased to 5 months free line rental.

why for 20 plus years i have never ever had any problem with my phone when it was bt, you get your hands on my line and manage to destroy it within a few weeks.

im fully aware of complaints procedures and your regulators, im also fully aware of small claims action in my local county court, if you think im waitng till tuseday before my phone comes to life again you are serriously misguided.

sort this matter out asap, not happy at all now

Contributor
geordielad00

when we ring our home phone off the mobile, you get a ringing tone on the mobile, however nothing on the home phone, even if we lift the reciver it still rings on the mobile, we have lost total use of our landline now

Contributor
geordielad00

also time is 715pm 11/12/11 - any phone charges incured on my mobile having to ring you will be recouped from you, you will be paying for my mobile calls to your call centre while my phone line is down.

Contributor
geordielad00

sheer incompenatance, just had one of your advisiors arrange a call back from from of your tech people, yet again a pleasure to deal with he was.

he told me that my phone is off, due to the lift and shift taking place on tuesday, he told me that this should of been explained to me when your earlier call of today told me the lift and shift was taking place on tuesday.

so there is no fault with the no dial done, because my phone has been disconected to allow the work to be done on the tuesday.

however because of your mistakes and not notifying me my line was going off. my 5 months claim for free line rental still stands.

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi geordielad00,

Apologies for the delayed response to your posts.

I'm glad to hear that one of our technical advisors has got back in touch with you to advise why the line was disconnected; however I'm sorry that the original agent did not make you aware that your line would need to be disconnected in order to allow the lift and shift to be completed on Tuesday.

I appreciate that you are frustrated with the situation, especially after having no previous issues with your line. Once the lift and shift has been completed tomorrow the line should be operational as normal. Once this has been completed, as previously advised, you will be able to contact our complaints department and they will be able to discuss the compensation you are requesting.

Thanks again.