Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
romario11

sky go on my iphone just says cant do in offline mode

i cant connect to sky go on my iphone it just says cant do in offline mode how do i watch sky go i used tobe able to 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kat-S

Hi romario11 and welcome to our Sky Forum,   Can I ask if...

Hi romario11 and welcome to our Sky Forum,

Can I ask if you are connecting through WiFi or 3G?

Thanks,

Kat-S
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
romario11

Re: Hi romario11 and welcome to our Sky Forum, Can I ask if...

either its the same on both

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Hi romario11,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The first step we would ask you to try would be to uninstall the app>switch the device off/on then reinstall the app and try again please.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Graduate
s3any79

Dude,

1) If other devices are connecting fine on your wifi then go to 2)
else you have a problem with your wifi, thus Sky Go will not play in offline mode
2) if airplane mode is on turn then it off and try again
else if your wifi on your phone is turned off and your 3g is poor then turn on wifi on iphone
else if try another Apple device through your wifi, if you can play sky go on that then re-instal your app
else if try your 3g connection from different spots to see if you 3g is operational on different apps, if playing then try sky go again.

3) i suspect it could be an issue with your phone or the app. reinstall the app, if the same then check the same version of the app on an identical phone, to clarify if it is the phone or the app.

Is your iphone model compatible with Sky go extra?

ta
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am objective and honest around my answers, I could not care much if my posts are liked or not, just trying to help where I can... Another thing … I don’t work for Sky and I take no responsibility if you break your service/device following my advice.. cool that said, my rear is now covered and hope I have helped you in some way. Good Day
Getting There
romario11

i already done all this with a sky operator

and went through a reset programme on the phone but nothing

Getting There
romario11

also have tried on our iphone 4 and iphone 5
Getting There
romario11

also tried on my iphone 4 and iphone 5 it used to work fine on the old sky go programme

Graduate
s3any79

works fine on my iphone 4 and my gf's Iphone 5... i suspect it could be your data restriction on 3g or your wifi at the location you are testing this..

again go through my steps..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am objective and honest around my answers, I could not care much if my posts are liked or not, just trying to help where I can... Another thing … I don’t work for Sky and I take no responsibility if you break your service/device following my advice.. cool that said, my rear is now covered and hope I have helped you in some way. Good Day