Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
android+fan

sky go on android tablet is it possible

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: sky go on android tablet is it possible

Hi android+fan,

Sky Go is not currently compatible with Android devices, however this is in development and will be available later in the year.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
paul+henderson

Why would anyone omit the largest mobile operating system in the world, with a product called sky go aimed at the mobile market. Only sky could do this with a helping hand from apple, who stand to gain the most from this it stinks to high heaven and they should be investigated.
Occasional Visitor
nige1972

It really is time Sky got up to date with Android,fed up with waiting for apps already available on iphone,Android has the largest market share and is getting bigger by the day,come on Sky and get it sorted !

I want to be able to watch cricket at work,come on and get on with it :smileymad:

Regular Visitor
stevejac01

is there a ballpark date for android users to look forward to?

Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

Hi stevejac01,

We are hoping to release the andriod app in winter - I can't wait to get sky go on mine:smileyhappy:

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
J8mie

Winter? So can expect it in February 2012!
Regular Visitor
pat46

I just upgraded 2 a HTC phone,so as it stands at the moment I cannot use it 4 sky go ???

Staff (Retired)
DanielFutz

Hi pat46,

Unfortunately not at the moment but we have been told that it should be available by winter. I am as eager as you for this to be available :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

Hutch58

Which winter is that then?

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi Hutch58,

We have been advised that we are launching SkyGo on Android this winter however, no exact date has been given.

We will inform our customers as and when this will be come available to them through the Sky Forum.

Regards.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
osborn990

You see itv and bbc release apps a day after android is born.  Sky?  2 years

The reason there is no skygo is because android can't support silverlight.  The reason why sky are misleading customers is because they are hoping android will support silverlight by winter which we all know will never happen

Occasional Visitor
Peterfgb

We are all getting extremely fed up with Sky excuses regarding the Android Sky Go App it is now near the end of November and still no update from Sky, how can they ignore the requirements of owners of the Android Tablets when they outnumber IPAD owners, it is a disgraceful way in which Sky treats it's customers, come on Sky get off your fat backsides and get your house in order.

Visitor
darc1

So annoyed about this trying to get the will power to rid myself of skys £80 a month DD. Time has come for Android users to unite people. Any action plans. #inthewinter!!!!
Occasional Visitor
Danny+of+Hull

Surely it can't be that hard to create an Android version of Sky Go. I know Silverlight is required to run it, but I was always under the impression the Android platform was more compatible with Microsoft/Windows based software. I would guess that the percentage of Sky customers with an Iphone is more or less the same as that with an Android. Are you telling us porkies Sky!?