Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Digitalman22008

sky go ipad 2 connect tv

sky go working good watch sport and moviw this morning i bought new digital adpator for hdmi connect ipad 2 to my tv lcd sony  screen say hdmi out is not supported on this appication but i use computer to tv working perfect

your regard

kevin king

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: sky go ipad 2 connect tv

Hi digitalman2008, 

Unfortunately the Sky Go App is not supported to be watched through a TV 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lozw

[ Edited ]

I can connect my laptop to the TV and watch Sky Go, so why not my iPad?

Every iPad app I have can be mirrored to the TV, so why not Sky Go? It seems to have been deliberately constrained.

Contributor
Lozw

Any answer to this?  Will HDMI output be enabled in future?

Is it a technical issue, or simply a commercial decision to constrain the iPad in this way?

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi Lozw,

As this is just a new product this may be something we look at in the future. Any changes or developement for Sky Go we will be sure to update our customers to keep you in the loop :smileyhappy:

Many thanks.

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Lozw

So you don't know the answer then...

HDMI output would need to have been deliberately disabled by Sky. Otherwise it would just work like every other app.

This isn't a feature they haven't got round to adding yet. Quite the opposite, they clearly spent time disabling it.

Occasional Visitor
GrumpyGolfer

I wish I had read this thread before I spent £35 on the Apple iPad HD connector.

Well done SKY - there must be a lot of disgruntled Sky Subcriber / iPad owners who think this is crazy?

Occasional Visitor
AntNry

Add me to the list of disgruntled users. Don't understand why Sky have disabled this - you have to be a subscriber to use Sky Go so what's the problem.
Contributor
Stephen79uk

Really hope this is enabled when sky finally release an update.

Occasional Visitor
Samantha+Collinge

Hi Well I also thought that the iPad version of the skygo app would work via HDMI out on a TV! So now I have wasted one device doing this, how do I go about resetting this device and then using a laptop instead and the sky go dektop software as I don't want to have both device options blocked for TV use if one does not do what I want it to!

Occasional Visitor
Samantha+Collinge

In addition please confirm if sky go desktop can do live tv or download only? It seems that you can output a tv from a laptop but not watch live and yet you can watch live on an iPad but not output to tv! Seems nonsensical to put differing restrictions on devices which are both capable of tv out functions...
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi Samantha+Collinge,

Sorry for the delay to your post. 

Unfortunately no, connecting your iPad to the tv is not possible at the moment, but this may be something that is introduced in the future. This functionality would be down to Apple however as the devices would need to be enabled to be able to carry out this function.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
cheltjambo

This has to be in an update soon!

I would play it occasionally through the HDMI cable in the spare room, it has to be for commercial reasons so you would buy multiroom instead. 

Every other app can play this way, Iplayer, ITV, 4od.

Occasional Visitor
Matt+grant

I want this too! I don't
Understand what it has to do with apple, in fact as an app developer myself I can tell you that it is the developer (ie Sky) who has disabled this feature not apple. You should really
Not be telling lies to your customers. When will there be an undate?! I can watch I player itv player 4od etc but not sky, get with it
Occasional Visitor
PeteAspinall

It's so you have to have Sky Broadband & Set Top box services to watch it. I have had Sky for a very long time and need ultra fast broadband as I work from home in the IT industry. Sky cannot provide this to my location so I have to have Virgin but I don't see why they have to limit Sky Go IOS devices for subscribers.