Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Hayley+and+Steve
Accepted Solution

sky+ functionality is not available at this time

We had a power cut yesterday for several hours & found that the Sky box was making a lot of noise and was stuck in standby.

After a few reboots we eventually managed to switch the box on, but cannot use any of the Sky+ functions (recording, planner isnt visable & the Anytime option isnt there at all)

We've rebooted a few times again, performed a planner rebuild a couple of times and restarted the box whist holding the backup button as suggested on a couple of threads - but still no joy

Tonight, the box wouldnt switch on again first time after rebooting managed to get channels but still no Sky+ functions.

Box is Thomson 132_168 and is pretty tempremental

Can we do anything else, preferably avoiding losing everything in our planner!

Thanks!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: sky+ functionality is not available at this time

Sounds as though the power cut has done for your box.  Maybe the hard drive, or the Power Supply Unit ( PSU ).  You describe the box as temperamental - usually a sign in normal circumstances of capacitor failure.  Maybe the power cut has just pushed it over the edge.  PSU failure on Thomsons is routine nowadays, and a power cut certainly doesn't help matters.

You have already performed a software update to no avail.  You could try a manual reformat, but this will entail losing your existing and planned recordings:

1. Power the box off at the mains .

2. Locate the left and right navigation buttons either side of the Select button on the front/top of the box.

3. Press and hold down the left and right navigation buttons together, and, whilst holding down, power the box back on at the mains.

4. When the circular recording light appears, let go of the buttons, and press Select on the digibox.

5. The circular recording light will rotate backwards, and the reformat will begin.  This will take several minutes, and is complete when the red standby light re-appears.  Wait a few more minutes before booting up the box to view.

If this process 'hangs', the box ( or hard drive ) has become faulty and will need to be replaced.  Phone Sky.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Hayley+and+Steve

Thanks! It worked, but we did lose all of the programmes in the planner  :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
phill+young

i had this problem on xmas day, and the only thing i could do to get it to work was to use copy+ to save all our programs and formatted the hard drive. then used copy+ to replace all the saved tv programs.

its a huge pain in the ass and takes hours. now i have turned off live pause to hope that the hard drive lasts a bit longer!

Occasional Visitor
NiteRose

Hi  have the same problem to I tried to rebuil the planner but still I can't  view my planner . can I ask please how did u use copy+ to save all our programs  and then after system reset how did u then used copy+ to replace all the saved tv programs. plz plz  Thanks