Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
angel-nicola

sky anytime + pressing select but nothing happens??

I have read other posts on sky anytime + issues, I have reset the connection, switched the box off and on again, but I am still having problems.

When I go on to anytime, I can see all of the tv and movies pictures and listings, however, when I press select or record on the remote control, it doesn't do anything so I can't watch it! The box blinks when I press select so it is registering the controller, but it just doesn't do anything, except the screen freezes for a moment.

All controls work fine out of anytime +.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: sky anytime + pressing select but nothing happens??

Try a planner rebuild if you haven't already.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
jackgreen50

Did you get this sorted? I have the same issue. Looks like you had zero response
Occasional Visitor
SBroad

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Had the same problem. Was on phone to Sky Support for a while tonight but didn't really resolve my problem. When I went to the anytime menu tried clicking select on a film I wanted although as you said it didn't do anything.

I noticed that for some reason I had Harry Potter in my Sky planner which I kept deleting although it kept reappearing. I decided to go in the advanced settings menu and perform a system reset. After the box rebooted everything was fine, and was able to use Sky Anytime as normal.  I have put the steps below for you to reset your box

(Note that this will wipe your Planner from all the programs you have recorded)

1. Push Services on your remote which will bring the Settings Menu up
2. type '01' then push the 'Select' button on your remote (note you wont see the 01 appear on your screen)
3. This will bring up the advanced settings menus, scroll along to 'Sys Reset' and push the arrow key down to start
4. Follow the settings on screen to continue with your system reset
5. You will notice the box go off after 'Housekeeping' has come up on the screen, the record light and circle blue light will come on after a while to indicate that the system reset is taking place. (Note that the box will not come on straight after best to leave it for 10 minutes or so before you attempt to switch the box on while it processes data).

Your box should now be reset and your Sky Anytime should be working as it should. I think the problem is down to currupt data (possibly a recording gone corrupt) stored on the hard drive of the Sky Box. 

Hope this works for you as it did me.

Occasional Visitor
Skullduggeryjim

I have had a similar issue and resolved it without system reset , champions league goals kept appearing in my planner even though I hadn't recorded it , so I went to the deleted program's section on the planner and deleted it off there , and this resolved the issue with iplayer , itv player not working properly :-)
Staff (Retired)
Emma-O

Hi Skullduggeryjim,

Thanks for feedback.

Glad to see you managed to resolve your issue.