Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
clarkp3
Accepted Solution

sky HD splitter

Hi there,

Is there anybody that can help me!? Very frustrated.

I have sky HD and would like to view in a second room. I have the magic eye connected and working for the sky remote to work in second room via co ax connection.

Alas, I have purchased several splitters (hdcp compatible) to view sky hd in either room. The splitter works on both TVs using my blu-ray but will not work with the sky hd box. The splitter does not recognize the signal (led not illuminated to show there is an input)and I get nothing out to either tv, if one or both are connected. The latest splitter purchased from Maplin; I was guaranteed by the Maplin tech guy it would work. He has been very helpful but it looks like it is going to have to go back. No one seems to be able to solve the problem. HELP!! Is there a setting on the sky box I do not know about?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: sky HD splitter

[ Edited ]

The problem is solveable, but only with the correct splitter.  You have to be absolutely certain that it will do the job that you want.  Don't take as gospel anything sales people in shops tell you.  Google 'Sky HD HDMI Splitter' and take time to read through the various hits, particularly from tech forums such as AV Forum and also Digital Spy.  Lots of geeks in there, and they have some fairly complicated setups. Here's a suggestion to start you off.  Take care to read the Customer Reviews.  Good luck.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
tommyqit

Re: sky HD splitter

I have the same problem and I fitted that NEET splitter from Amazon but as you say no output light when I put the tele on , I have to unplug the other HDMi cable from the output of the splitter and then it comes on , the strange thing is when I plug the other HDMi cable back in its still OK and I can switch on the other tele and have HD in both rooms , so its a hassle in the morning but as long as the main tele is on its OK