setting up on demand with a talk talk router

Runner
Post 1 of 4

setting up on demand with a talk talk router

I am trying to access on demand but i cannot at the mo what am i doing wrong. our router is in the hall and i cannot move it and i dont want a mile of ethernet cable running from one to the other. i thought the black sky boxes were wifi enabled but i cannot get the menu to highlight ont he sky menu to connect or change anything. i can enter a manual IP configuration but as i am a girl i dont knowo what that means! help me plz

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 4

Re: setting up on demand with a talk talk router

Only the new DRX890W & DRX895W are wifi enabled and have a WPS button on the front that helps connection to your router if it also has WPS.

Please note: If you send me a personal email using my website or PM me on the forum regarding a sky issue, you will not get a reply, Thank you. I do not work for sky, I just volunteer my time to help other customers in need.
Runner
Post 3 of 4

oh ok i have checked all over my box and it has no wps button that i can see. i thought mine was us to date but guess not lol. how will i get round it? do i have to buy one of those boxes?? i am sure i got a letter through for an offer but i cannot find it.  Thank u

Oracle
Post 4 of 4

Personally I'd go for an Ethernet cable as wifi is not as stable and connection with a cable will future proof you as Sky seems to be concentrating more and more on giving services via the web.

Anyhow if you must use wifi then you can purchase a wifi adaptor from sky or get a 3rd party one from companies such as Edimax etc...

Please note: If you send me a personal email using my website or PM me on the forum regarding a sky issue, you will not get a reply, Thank you. I do not work for sky, I just volunteer my time to help other customers in need.
Recommended Threads
02-12-2016 02:09 PM
LDH68 10-10-2016 10:11 AM
3 weeks ago 05:23 AM
Dods Monday 06:02 PM
06-01-2017 10:10 PM