Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Transgressed

samsung galaxy ace?

dose sky go work on samsung galaxy ace android phone as id like to watch sky 1 when im out ?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: samsung galaxy ace?

It isn't on that phone yet, this is what it is currently on:

• HTC Desire
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • Samsung Galaxy S
  • Samsung Galaxy S2
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
karrot

is it likely to be on Galaxy Ace & is that why i can't the app?

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi karrot,

We are going to be adding more models in the future however we have no information as to what devices this may include, or when this may be.

You can only see the Sky Go app if you are using a compatible device, so this will be the reason you are unable to see the app.

I hope this has answered your query, and feel free to come back :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
odessa77

Is an app now available for this phone ?  Sky are always plugging it but so far I haven't found the app!

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi odessa77,

Unfortunately the Samsung Galaxy Ace in not currently a compatible device with the Sky Go app.  You can find the full list of compatible devices here.

We are looking to expand on this list, however I have no information as to when, or what devices will be included.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Apoplectic

Hi Garry/Knowledge Advisors,

Any chance you can find out when the Galaxy Ace will be supported?

Thanks

Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Hi Apoplectic,

Welcome to the Help Forum and thank you for your post.

We do not have any further information in relation to your enquiry or confirmed dates, please keep an eye on Sky.Com for any future releases.

Many thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Apoplectic

Hi Kirsty,

Have you tried referring this to a higher authority? The Galaxy Ace is set to be a very popular handset and I have trouble believing there is no plan to support it. I and the other users on this forum would appreciate an actual answer, whatever the implication, rather than the stock fob off which has been used repeatedly by you and your colleagues.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
mark+iddon

The samsung galaxy ace has and still is a very popular android mobile. i know plenty people that could design and get the app to work on sky go.. i have 5 friends who make loads of android apps and all for free too. sky have no interest in making the sky go app for this device.. they have fobbed way to many people off saying they have no intel as yet but would be making the app for future devices .. just typical pass the blame as per usual. i upgraded my internet on the 3 network to unlimited thinking i could use my samsung with the sky go app only to find out they didnt infact make any app ... it cant be that hard to make, so sky pull your finger out , i find it very unfair that i cant veiw sky on the go , from a very unhappy customer...

Occasional Visitor
sinatmiller1888

What about adding the Samsung Galaxy Note to your device list? Over 9 million sold since January, you guys are missing a trick here!
Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi sinatmiller1888,

We are looking to bring more devices onto the platform, however at the moment we don't have any information as to what will be included and when this will happen.

Any announcements we make will be visible on our Help Centre.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
LongRob

Totally agree, Sky Go should be available on the Galaxy Ace 2. (I 8160) I understand this has the software and hardware requirements.

Contributor
BillyL

Hi I bought the Samsung Galaxy ace2 believing that I would get Skygo as it was running Android Gingerbread. Any sign of hope for us users?
Contributor
BillyL

Ok. Can I assume the deafening silence since I first posted infers no chance for the Galaxy Ace2?