Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
kathryn721

samsung galaxy 3 tab 10.1

I am thinking of buying the above tablet but I need to know if it supports SKY GO? I was told by a samsung engineer that it does not!!!!!!!! But told by a sky sales person that it does!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you advise no this please cos I would not like to wast my money.

Your help in this matter will be muched appricated

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
KingfisherUK

Re: samsung galaxy 3 tab 10.1

@kathryn721 

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will be supported when Sky launch the new Sky Go for Tablets app on December 3rd.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

Is this confirmed for the 10.1 inch? 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Yes the 10.1 inch is included.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
great+thanks

Great thanks

Occasional Visitor
jack52

This doesnt seem to have happened. I have a tab 3 10.1 and app sill not compatable. Do you have any more information ?

Super User
rscott

Occasional Visitor
jack52

Thank you !

Occasional Visitor
richpro

When is the sky go app going to be ready for the samsung galaxy tab 10.1? Was supposed to be the 3rd December.

Contributor
Barry3932

Have tried everyway to load onto my Samsung galaxy 3 tab but it will not work....why?

Super User
caesarome

richpro wrote:

When is the sky go app going to be ready for the samsung galaxy tab 10.1? Was supposed to be the 3rd December.

Login here with your Google details:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygotablet&hl=en_GB

Once you have clicked the install button it will automatically download and install to your tablet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
John+W+Baillie

downloaded and installed Sky Go Tablet to my samsung galaxy 3 tab 10.1 no problem, logged in to my sky account but when I went to watch anything on Sky Go I got a message Sorry, Sky Go does not support Miracast. I have sky broadband any idea what the problem is?

John

Contributor
srlj

I'll think that you'll find miracast is not supported on your tab and only on the notes and tab3 8". On your tab you shouls have the samsung link app. Any way miracast/samsung link mirror you screen to a smart tv over wifi and therefore will be disable by the SGT app as its the same as HDMI out.
Try in your app manager to disable samsung link reboot your tab3 and trynagain.
John+W+Baillie

Tab 3 dosen't have samaung link app, it doesn't have allshare play app either, but has allshare control share services and allshare file share services, I have tried disabling them both but Sky Go still won't work.

Any other ideas?

John

Contributor
srlj

John,
This is using sky go tablet app and not the sky go app? The reason I ask is that a lot of customers are using SGT app on their tab 3 10.1 devices