Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
glle44
Accepted Solution

remote stopped working

Hi this afternoon my sky+ HD remote stopped working. I have changed the batteries but the red light at the top of the remote is not flashing when I hit the buttons. I am able to navigate using the panel on the hd box.

The tv is a Sony tv
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: remote stopped working

Try removing one battery,hold down the select button for 60 seconds before replacing the battery.Then retry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
glle44

Worked! Brill, thanks. The tv was stuck on itv!
Occasional Visitor
GlosMucker

Mate what a legend you are! How I scoffed at your suggestion and dismissed you; now I want to buy you beer and slap you on the back. Thank you!

...and now to retrieve those 4 other batteries I discarded in the bin.

Peace. Good karma I send to you.

Occasional Visitor
tornado+taylor

Mine doesn't work. It flashes 3 times when I replace the battery and then nothing.
Occasional Visitor
Ronif

Absolute legend ..... No idea how or why that worked but just saved me the cost of a new remote 

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
dadski

Thanks for the tip works great

Occasional Visitor
45Ranger

Worked a treat! Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Yogiman

Afraid it didn't work for me but this did - from another forum:

"You can reset a sky remote control by pressing in sequence --- TV , Red and select buttons together , ( red led should blink twice ) , 999 then Select. This will reset the rc to a default setting."

Happy days to all...

Occasional Visitor
morbiusdog

Thanks!!! No idea how or why but your solution worked for me too! You Sir, are a legend. Thanks again.
Occasional Visitor
cjsloman

your the man!!!! cant believe it worked.

Occasional Visitor
sharon30

Worked for me too!!! Thanks so much this was seriously doin my head in
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi morbiusdog, cjsloman & sharon30,

Welcome to the forum all of you.

I'm glad to here you once again have working Sky remotes :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
mandymoo66

U hero !! jst saved me £25 thanku x
Visitor
shiner01

Brilliant. I thought that the remote had completely packed up until I read your remedy. Thank you.