Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
needles+70
Accepted Solution

remote not working on sky

My remote has stopped working for my sky box. I can use it ok to change channel on my tv, but when I press the Sky button to control the Sky box it wont change any channels or access any menus. Any help much appriciated

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: remote not working on sky

Try taking one battery out and then hold down the select button for 60 seconds before putting the battery back, pressing the sky button and trying again.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
needles+70

Just tried that and no joy 

Super User
kato

Try resetting the remote.

Press [TV] and then hold [select] and [red button] together for around two seconds (until the red light blinks twice). Now press 999 (red light blinks once for a long time and then twice quickly).

Then enter the correct code for your TV.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
needles+70

Thanks for the replies, and after going through all the forums for reset techniques and trying them, still no joy with working my Sky box with my sky remote

Super User
Mark39

When you point the remote at the Sky box, and press the Sky button, does the green LED on the front panel of the Sky box light?

If you have a digital camera, try pointing the remote at the camera lens and pressing the Sky button: if the remote is working ok you should see a white flash through the camera viewfinder.

needles+70

I'm getting no lights at all on the Sky box, except for the green power light. 

Pressed the Sky button and got a white light through a camera viewfinder

Super User
caesarome

Have you tried rebooting your box, leave it unplugged for 5 minutes before plugging it back in and then wait another 3 or 4 minutes before trying again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
needles+70

Have contacted Sky and they are sending a new remote to me

Thanks everyone for your help, but appears my remote is faulty

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

If you have a HD remote and a Sky+HD box, try on the remote:

Press 'tv'

Press 'Select' and 'i' together ( remote LED flashes twice )

'2'

'Select' ( remote LED flashes twice )

Sky button

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi needles+70, 

Can you let me know if the new remote control resolves the issue? 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
needles+70

New remote worked a treat, All ok now

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi needles+70,

That is good news, thanks for letting us know :smileyhappy:

Feel free to post on the forum again in the future with any comments or queries.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
Silverdarlings95

Thankyou remote now fully functional again

Occasional Visitor
Beageva

Thanks for that advice - worked a treat.