Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
vee666

remote not controlling sound

my sky remote does not control the sound on tv but red light comes on when i press sound up or down,

and my tv remote controls the sound so tv is fine

all the other remote control buttons work can anyone help me

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sparxeh

Re: remote not controlling sound

[ Edited ]

Have you tried pressing the 'Sky' button on your remote then try adjusting the volume? Could be you or someone else pressed it accidently and put it in TV mode.

If it still doesn't work you may have to reset your remote to the TV using the link below.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

Hope that helps.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

The volume control works with the remote in 'tv' or 'Sky' mode, provided the tv code has been input.  If the remote has previously operated the volume on the tv, try as above, except that with a Rev8 remote and a 4-digit code,  the procedure is:

Press 'tv'

Press 'Select' and 'red' together ( red LED flashes twice )

Press 'tv' again'

Enter 4-digit code ( LED flashes twice if code recognised )

Press the volume button

If OK, press 'Select' to store.

Occasional Visitor
jwd2395

Have the same problem followed the instructions given but did not work all other function working fine only the sound

Occasional Visitor
Rockchick28

Thanks, that worked for me!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi jwd2395, can you operate the volume with the TV remote? What make and model of TV do you have?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Gember

I have just done as you said, thanks so much!!! I have lived without this function for years after replacing the batteries, wish I'd found your info a long time ago (or even thought to look!!) Again many thanks, gemma

Occasional Visitor
gini+miglio

My remote is not controlling sound , i have set in the code No and it's not working

gjf
Occasional Visitor
gjf

[ Edited ]

Thanks for you advice remote controlling the sound now great!

Occasional Visitor
nadine+fazzani

have tried resetting with code  

Staff (Retired)
hadouken-andy

Hi nadine+fazzani,

Welcome to the forum.

To be able to assist you further can you post a quick reply with the make and model of you TV set and the code(s) you have tried so far.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
bikramjit+singh

vee666 wrote:

my sky remote does not control the sound on tv but red light comes on when i press sound up or down,

and my tv remote controls the sound so tv is fine

all the other remote control buttons work can anyone help me

Visitor
Dougie-H

Hi, I have a Panasonic TX-28PL10 and have just got a rev8R  remote to replace my old Rev8.

I've tried the code 1678 - which works with the Rev8 remote.

The Rev8r with code 1678 will change stations, access EPG etc, but will not mute/control volume.

When programming Rev8r:-

After I press TV - Select Red for 2 seconds -  the LED stays solid red rather than blinking twice.  Should I be following another set of instructions?

Is there another code I can use?

Occasional Visitor
Leeds+Rhinos+69

Remote for Sky HD not controlling sound. I have tried TV button on control but no response. Can work sound on remote for analogue. Look forward to your response.

Super User
caesarome

Leeds+Rhinos+69 wrote:

Remote for Sky HD not controlling sound. I have tried TV button on control but no response. Can work sound on remote for analogue. Look forward to your response.

Have you tried the suggestions posted earlier in this thread, especially those in the third post.

Failing that, take one battery out for 60 seconds and hold down the Select button, then put the battery back in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.