Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
mickyconnolly
Accepted Solution

"There is a problem with your viewing card"

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I am frequently receiving an error message, "there is a problem with your viewing card". When I check that the card is inserted correctly, it is hot, so hot that I can't touch it anywhere near the chip. I have the box in a well ventilated area and have tried full system reset and the "put into standby, switch power off at wall and wait 5 mins" technique, to no avail. I am really unhappy with this as I am constantly finding "recording failed" messages on my planner, but more seriously, I am afraid that the card gets so hot that it may pose a fire risk. Please help!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Re: "There is a problem with your viewing card"

Some boxes run hot ( Amstrads, in particular ).  But not as hot as you describe, particularly if performance is being affected.  Time to phone Sky, especially if the box is still under warranty.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
mickyconnolly

Re: "There is a problem with your viewing card"

Yeah, this is an Amstrad box.I have reset this fault no fewer than 8 time since I posted my first message. Thanks for the advice :smileyhappy: