Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
jada123
Accepted Solution

problem with remote control ( no red light appearing)

We are having problem with remote control, no light coming on when we are trying to use. Batteries have been changed, tried some of your useful solutions with no avail. We are able to change channels on the sky box. only.

We do not know our code for Panasonic viera tx -L32G10B, can anyone help please.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: problem with remote control ( no red light appearing)

0678 should be your tv code

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
jada123

Thank you for your speedy reply. Do you think entering the code, will resolve problem, when the remote appears dead.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

You mentioned you can change the channels on the sky box, are you able to do this?

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Getting There
jada123

yes on the box manually, not with remote control. Can you help.

Super User
Stantheman2k12

have you tried removing 1 battery and holding select for 60 seconds? 

Getting There
jada123

Yes we have, zilch.

Super User
caesarome

Try reseting it:

Press 'tv'

Press 'Select & red' together ( remote LED flashes twice )

Enter 999 ( remote LED flshes twice )

Then re-enter the code for your tv correctly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
jada123

hi, I have just tried it, but no light flashing, what is next. Thank you for your time and patience

Super User
kato

It looks like you have tried all the hints & tips. Also when you press a button on the remote you don't have a red light appearing on the remote,you can assume the remote has had it then.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Getting There
jada123

ok, thank you again for your time and trouble, do you know the cost of a new one.

Super User
kato

They can vary in price,try somewhere like Amazon.You can also buy them off Sky,but a bit pricey.

https://accessories.sky.com/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

If you have a digital camera, point it at the end of the remote and, through the electronic viewfinder, look for a flash of white light when you press a button on the remote.  If thre's nothing, the IR sensor ( or circuit ) is probably dead.  This assumes that the batteries are serviceable, and that they are inserted correctly.

If the remote is old, the battery contacts at either end of the batteries may be corroded and may just need a good wipe.

Getting There
donnadoo

i don't know how that works but thank you!! both my remotes went on the same day i was starting to think something spooky was going on!..
I'm New Here
Ducatimonster

Thank you Stantheman2k12

Stantheman2k12 wrote:

have you tried removing 1 battery and holding select for 60 seconds? 

removed 1 battery, held 'select' for 60 seconds and 'Yes' it works