Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Steve+Daniels

pairing viewing card to new box

Does anyone know how to get to the right department to go about pairing my existing viewing card to a new digi box. thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: pairing viewing card to new box

Just select any TV option.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Mess+Tin

I have the same problem and do not understand the answer about selecting any TV.

Super User
kato

Mess+Tin wrote:

I have the same problem and do not understand the answer about selecting any TV.

Nor do i ,but all you need to do is use the "contact us" option.Then sky will be able to pair the card for you

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Super User
caesarome

Mess+Tin wrote:

I was going to say "nor do I" then I released I posted it :smileyvery-happy:

What I meant was if you are phong Sky up you will get through to a multiple choice menu system and you need to select the tv option (if one is even there).

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Everybody

You can repair your card to your box yourself as long as there is an active phoneline connected to the box, click here for the steps on how to complete this.

Hope this helps

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
foxhole

What is pairing?  I replaced my faulty box with one from ebay and the card works fine? should it need pairing?

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi foxhole,

Pairing the card is matching the card to the box so as you receive all the channels you subscribe to. Yes you will need to pair your card.

Thanks

Getting There
foxhole

But I receive all channels without pairing?

Super User
caesarome

That might be but if you don't pair the card you might have problems like recording, pausing live viewing, rewatching something back from a recording etc

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
chlemsford72

how do you repair the viewingcard it has not been moved and suddenly does not work following instructions under wrong card we do get 501 but not for example 401 which we do subcribe to and is on the other box ok!! 

Super User
kato

chlemsford72 wrote:

how do you repair the viewingcard it has not been moved and suddenly does not work following instructions under wrong card we do get 501 but not for example 401 which we do subcribe to and is on the other box ok!! 

Give Sky a call and ask them to repair the viewing card to the box.Use this contact link.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-us/index.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Getting There
chlemsford72

i have rung and rung and just get fed up !! Is this a long drawn out solution cos I don't ever have a lot of time to sit on the pone or even in house much !! Has anyone done it i don't have a phone line in this room it's a multiroom standard box!!

Super User
caesarome

chlemsford72 wrote:

i have rung and rung and just get fed up !!

Why have you got fed up, have Sky not paired the card or did you ring off before someone answered. Your post isn't very clear but if you have multiroom then both boxes have to be connected to a working phone line.

I do not work for Sky.
Explorer
EdDuck

My Friend has given me his old HD box can i not pair my viweing card if olny one box is connected to the phone line. As my one in my room is on the phone line