Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
martinphil

on demand out of sync sound

my sky + HD box will not down load any on demand films or catch up properly as the sound is out of sync. The same as any recorded HD programmes will be out of sync. The sound is behind the movements on screen. It is so far out the films or programs are unwatchable. Watching sky content is fine only recordings or on demand Planner down loaded material is wrong. This makes the whole thing a waste of tiome. I have done reboot, rebuild and box reset and its is no different.

Help!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Re on demand out of sync sound

[ Edited ]

Hi Martinphil,

Thanks for posting on the Sky Forum.

Not too good to hear that this is happening.

Can you tell me how you have the On Demand service connected wired or wireless?

Does this happen on all programmes?

Have you tried downloading the program more than once to see if this helps?

Regards,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Skyuptodat

Re on demand out of sync sound

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same issue with wireless on demand service and Sky+ HD box.  I have ploughed through the forums and spent hours rebuilding planner, cold re-starts, doing delete re-download etc.  Still have the problem which renders on demand programs, HD and standard, unwatchable.   Occasionally a piece of dialogue amuses when the lag of sound against pic resembles a Two Ronnies sketch, but basically OD is not worth the effort and expense in my experience.

Community Manager
Graham-H

Re: on demand out of sync sound

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon,

Could anyone experiencing this please post model/version numbers?

Please also try going to an HD channel before playing back and HD recordings and let me know if you get the same issue.

Thanks.

Graham
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Occasional Visitor
Skyuptodat

[ Edited ]

Model R005.054.17.00P Version 4F3006 Amstrad.

Cannot sync in either HD or std.

Occasional Visitor
Cuddington123

We cannot download anything on demand and watch it as all is out of sync. We have the wired connection to the broadband, hope you can help as it is possible to enjoy anything on demand.
Contributor
albert3842

[ Edited ]

Hi, still no fix for this on my sky+drx780 downloaded true detectives way out of sync pause and restart then no sound at all I give up AGAIN. albert.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Hi Martinphil, Thanks for posting on the Sky Forum. N...

Hi albert3842, 

It must be really annoying when you're downloading from On Demand and the picture and sound are out of sync. I see from your post that you have a drx780. Would you mind posting up the version and model number as this will really help us try and get this sorted. 

Speak to you soon. 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Contributor
albert3842

Hi tried reply to email but came back not delivered so whoever asked for box details.

model R008.063.68.00P

version 4F3001. albert.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi albert3842, 

Thank you for coming back to me. I have checked your software which is up-to-date, as there is no issues with this, the next step will be to do a full system reset as there maybe an issue with your hard drive.  

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Contributor
albert3842

Hi I did full system reset and it seems to have solved the problem bit of of a pain having to lose all my planner progs but happy its finally fixed, fingers crossed, thanks for your help. albert.

Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello albert3842,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to see that you ended up loosing your recorded programmes to rectify the fault you were experiencing. I'm happy to see that the issue has been resolved, hopefully some of your programmes you lost are on the Catch Up TV service. If not you can set up for Sky's Never Miss service, this will allow you to set reminders for your favourite programmes. When they are on TV you will receive an email to tell you when it's on and what channel.

If you have any further queries, let us know.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator