Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
mrsmill
Accepted Solution

not recording an no input 2 signal

No programmes have a synopsis and no recordings are working.

I've turned off and on taken the cables out at the back and tried to fix it but it says there is no signal on input 2.

Please help

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: not recording an no input 2 signal

[ Edited ]

Swap the dish Input 1 & 2 cables, if Input 2 still does not work then turn the LNB off and on again in the hidden installers menu, this will reset the LNB.

You could have a dodgy Input 2 at the LNB or in the Sky box or the cable/connectors could be damaged.

Annie..........

Community Super User & Image Moderator (Meet the team)Sky customer since 1989. – βeta tester for Sky 📡 & Xbox One 🎮

DRX890 (4F3108, standby:active, padding:auto/5mins), DRX895 (4F3151, standby:none, padding:auto/5mins) both connected to LAN via Ethernet.
BT HH4.0a on BT Infinity 2 [76/18] unlimitediPad (version 3, iOS 7.1) – Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black, Win8) – Xbox One (day one edition).

If someone helps, say thanks by clicking the thumbs up.“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”, The IT Crowd.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mrsmill

None of that worked. I changed the cables and it didnt work at all and turbing LNB off and on didn;t work either.

What do I do now?

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

If Input 1 worked after the cable swap then the cable and connectors are working so, you need to contact Sky as either the Dish or Box need seeing to :smileysad:

Annie..........

Community Super User & Image Moderator (Meet the team)Sky customer since 1989. – βeta tester for Sky 📡 & Xbox One 🎮

DRX890 (4F3108, standby:active, padding:auto/5mins), DRX895 (4F3151, standby:none, padding:auto/5mins) both connected to LAN via Ethernet.
BT HH4.0a on BT Infinity 2 [76/18] unlimitediPad (version 3, iOS 7.1) – Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black, Win8) – Xbox One (day one edition).

If someone helps, say thanks by clicking the thumbs up.“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”, The IT Crowd.

Super User
Mark39

What happened when you swapped the dish input cables? Did the 'no signal' swap from input 2 to input 1, or did it stay on input 2?

Have you checked the F connectors very carefully - e.g. centre conductor not bent, no stray wires from the outer braid touching the inner conductor, inner conductor about 3mm long?

Occasional Visitor
gemstar85

I have exactly the same issue and when i change the cables over i have no signal at all. I have checked the connectors and will be doing so again tomorrow just to triple check. I have already forced a download/reboot and I am considering a complete restore but before I do Any there other ideas? Thanks

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Make sure you're not on Single Feed Mode in the Service menu ( Press Services 0 0 1 & then press Select.  In Setup, make sure that Single Feed Mode is OFF.  If you change it, make sure you press green to Save Settings ).

Please report your Signal Strengths on both inputs.