Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
r-b-l-123-a

Re: new sky email format

I was under the impression that it was SKY I was paying not Google !  The buck stops with SKY and as I said before if I'm forced to eventually go back to the new version then SKY will no longer be my supplier.

Everyone can't be wrong and if Google is responsible then it is about time that SKY did something about it.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

r-b-l-123-a wrote:

I was under the impression that it was SKY I was paying not Google

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sky have out sourced the running of the email program to Google as have other ISPs like Virgin who have done the same.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
cobbler77

I signed up for Sky Broadband shortly after it was rolled out. There were numerous teething problems and eventually I opted to use Outlook Express for mail, just using Sky Mail to access mesages when away. This gave me a simple effective mail system. However i purchased a new base unit a few weeks ago which does not enable me to get Outlook. So it was a case of Sky Mail or nothing

After the simplicity of Outlook what a mind boggling experience to encounter the new Sky email format for the first time. A page dominated with adverts with mail being secondary and seemingly to be an afterthought. Surely this can't be right. This was when I was able get access because with a very slow broadband speed in my area connection can take some time

At some point a message came on screen saying something like "This is taking longer than expected try connecting to.... " This lead me to an earlier version which came up instantly. This raises an impotant question for me. Should the new format be the only one available in future will I be left with a slower and ineffective mail system? Should it be so I will only have one option. Who do I ask?

Super User
caesarome

On you new until you purchased do you not have the option to use Windows Mail as this is the replacement program for Outlook Express.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
A+Allen

I thought it was just me !!! Clearly not and if this junk system continues i will definitely be looking for a new service provider ! !

Yours angrily

A Allen

Visitor
cobbler77

[ Edited ]

Caeserome, many, many thanks for that info

Occasional Visitor
Adrian+Taylor

Hello Sky,

I have commented already about your "new format", but I'll say again, "Don't like it , it's not user friendly and again I ask why you have changed it? perfectly OK before. You should NOT change things unless the user is known to be unhappy.

Also I now get a red filled box telling me to turn off "IE Compatability", I have but I'm still getting the red box !!

Please lets have the old email system back- I hope you have not given the creator of this mess up a bonus.

Regards,

Adrian Taylor

Occasional Visitor
Bernie+53

I do not like the new format!!! why fix something when it is not broken!!

Occasional Visitor
fishing40

Re: please tell me how to get back into my old emailnew sky email

Super User
caesarome

Re: please tell me how to get back into my old emailnew sky email

Have a look at the second image shown here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Email-Tools/Something-Not-Working-With-The-New-Web-Mail-Layout/td-p/...

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
J+A+Martin

The new mail formate is a retrograde step.  Tell me how to get back to the older version.

The previous version was so easy to use.  The new system has been set up by some computer geek who has no idea what the average person requires from an e-mail system.

In the old formate I could see the inbox, sent items, drafts etc - the new format is rubbish, I don't want chat etc - how do I see the sent items and drafts ?

Also you have loaded up the sceen with adverts - I want to deal with my e-mail not read stupid adverts.

Please return to the previous format asap.

Joe

Super User
caesarome

J+A+Martin wrote:

Tell me how to get back to the older version.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Email-Tools/Something-Not-Working-With-The-New-Web-Mail-Layout/td-p/...

Second image in the above link.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Julie+H

Just been onto Sky and they are saying that Gmail are the cause, but they are trying to get the old format back cos something has gone so wrong.  I signed into emails to find it took me 1/2 hour just to read one single email, so phoned them today they said they have had so many complaints (like you and me), and said they are trying to get it back to the old one and improved.  What the hell were they thinking about in the first place?????????????????????

Just hope it comes back asap, cos I was thinking of changing INP too.

Occasional Visitor
sky+bunny

I have switched to the old e-mail format as the new one,I have found, almost impossible to use. I like to be able to see my in box and have enough space to read mail. I also found it almost impossible to forward mail, easily. Please do not take away the option of using the old format. The new format just creates frustration

Super User
caesarome

Julie+H wrote:

Just hope it comes back asap, cos I was thinking of changing INP too.

Sky are right in that this is a Google issue, however you can change it back by looking at the second link here:

I do not work for Sky.