Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
faultybox

live pause problems since update

Hi,

Since the sky update, my sky plus hd box will not pause live tv, it has developed recording issues and displays random error messages such as live pause is unavailable please contact the broadcaster.

Software resets via settings and power down resets have not resolved the issue.  A planner rebuild as also been tried without sucess.

All this since the update. Prior to that I had no issues at all.

Any advice please.

faultybox

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Rozm1911

Re: live pause problems since update

I'm gettign the exact same!!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
stevewrexham

tonight we lost all the programs on our planner! thanks sky :smileysad:

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this.

Are you able to confirm if you have managed to get this problem resolved? If so, how did you do it - and if not, can you let me know the error message that you are seeing on screen?

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Abi+Roxby

I am having this exact problem. Have tried system reset and rebuild but all that did was delete my recordings. Still wont let me pause or record. Please help!
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Abi+Roxby,

Welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

Can you let me know what you mean where you say you are unable to pause or record? Are you seeing an error message (if so, what does it say), or is the box not responding to the remote control?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Irene45

Hi,

I have the same issues - ever since the sky update.     If I press the button on the sky+ remote to pause or rewind live TV, a box appears on the tv screen stating "LIVE PAUSE IS NOT AVAILABLE. CALL THE BROADCASTER FOR ASSISTANCE".

I also have recording issues and some programmes only half record stating that the rest failed to record due to a clash despite me only recording the 1 programme and not watching anything else.

How do I fix it?

Visitor
BaldRunner

[ Edited ]
I have had problems with Live Pause as per the previous messages. The message states 'Live Pause is not available. Call the broadcaster for assistance' this issue occurs on different channels. I have also had recording errors with a message stating that there had been a clash. This could not be as no other program's were scheduled to be recorded that day. All since the upgrade. An example was when I tried to record Sinbad at 7 pm on Sunday, Sky 1. It missed the first 25 minutes, blaming a 'clash' but nothing else was to be recorded that day. Go figure...
Occasional Visitor
clare1232

Hi

I am having the same problem. When I tried to pause live TV I thought nothing was happening then I realised that for some reason instead of pausing the TV the box is randomly chosing a programme that I have recorded, but not yet watched, and is playing and pausing that????? I also get an error message saying that live pause is not available and to contact the broadcaster. Can someone at SKY please help me I need my live pause!!!!!

Occasional Visitor
scottreadman1

I take it the sky admin person hasn't a clue what's wrong. There are many customers having the same issues. I have lost series link, search and some anytime plus features since the update. Called sky and they say no one else has reported a problem. Rubbish! A simple google search tells you this isnt true. Sky are sending an engineer with a new box. I'll keep you posted.
sk4
Occasional Visitor
sk4

I have the same problem! SKY NEED TO SORT THIS OUT!

Visitor
zazu1

getting similar problems. set record of lewis tonight. checked if it was recording due to previous issues and it wasn't recording even though programme was on - said there was no signal - retried recording then box says no signal so couldn't see anything without a reset. series links all gone - driving us bonkers - everything worked super till recently - upgrade needs to be backed out to old release until fixed!

Occasional Visitor
takingaskydive

We have had similar issues for over two weeks now.  The problem also "bluescreens" television - if we are lucky we have sound but no picture. We have been advised by Sky, all to no avail, to reset using 01 (done 6 or so times to no effect); completely restoring the system back to original settings (thereby losing all our recorded programmes); getting rid of static build up from the satellite to box by unscrewing the two cables at the back of the SkyHD box and leaving the leads on a metal saucepan overnight (tried this twice); and also getting an engineer out - we said we will NOT pay for this as it is a Sky problem and has only occurred since the new software.  We have to take out the mains lead every time we want to watch TV and then have to unplug it again, often several times before we can watch the few programmes the box will actually record.  Am jolly fed up with it and are waiting to cancel Sky subscription but they are slow returning my email (Quelle suprise!) and I will not wait the quoted 20 minutes to speak to an advisor.   Have lost a lot of respect for Sky - why can't they be honest and say they have messed it up, offer a refund for faulty service and say what they are doing about the problem instead of fobbing us off with advice that is a load of balderdash? 

Occasional Visitor
Dilyspurplehead

This is the same thing happening to my mothers sky box and mine since the upgrade. The live pause problem, deleted series link and episodes deleted? This seems to be a problem with the new upgrade. Please sort it out Sky.
Frequent Visitor
brian54

I have exactly the same problems with the 1 Tb box, live pause is unavailable please contact the broadcaster failing to record have rebuilt the planner several times. The box has locked up on ocassions and the only way to get it to work is to power down and restart