Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
davida13
Accepted Solution

keeps telling me its going into standby mode, when i'm watching TV.

every Sunday, when i'm watching Sky Sports Super Sunday, half way through the afternoon the Sky tells me its going to go into standby mode.

why?

i turn onto sky sports 1 at 9:30am and i have the football on all day and i dont want it trying to go into standby mode.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: keeps telling me its going into standby mode, when i'm watching TV.

If you have a programme on for more than four hours and you haven't used the remote in this time the box will go into standby mode.

To dis-able this Services,Options and highlight,scroll down to Auto Standby,turn off and remember to press green to save settings.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
davida13

thanks for the response.

if i change those settings, willi t still go into standby when the tv is off?

i ask that because before the update to the onscreen tv guide - which for me, happened maybe a month ago - it wouldn't go into standby while i was watching TV. only when it was off.

Super User
kato

Because you have had the new update this is why you are finding the box is going into auto standby.If you then turn it off the box shouldn't go into to Standby.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Visitor
Magsby48

Thank you for this advice.  I have had 2 sessions with Sky chat and been put through digital gymnastics to sort this problem out, with no success.  I just know that this is the right solution.  Merry Christmas

Contributor
oj01

Surely the sky box has no knowledge of whether your tv is on or off ?
Regular Visitor
davida13

[ Edited ]
it should do.
take the scenario where you can only record or watch 2 channels at the same time.
lets say i have two recordings set up, one for BBC1 and one for BBC2.
I'm currently watching ITV and i know that in a minutes time, my recordings are going to start. so i turn the tv off. the sky box now knows that i'm not watching ITV, so the two recordings start fine. if i was still watching ITV, it would tell me that i either have to stop watching, or cancel a recording.

lets be honest, having the sky box turn itself off while my TV is still on is abit redundant.
Contributor
oj01

Not true. The above is the case if you turn your Sky box off. Turning your tv off just means you can't see the message you describe.
Regular Visitor
davida13

If I continue to watch itv though, it will cancel one of the recordings wouldn't it? That's what it keeps asking me to do
If the tv is off, it doesn't. If what you say is true, then the box can record two channels and allow me to watch another.

I say that because I have never manually turned the box off
Visitor
Magsby48

Fully sorted now, thank you all. It was an auto standby issue.

Contributor
oj01

Davida13 - but because you don't answer the prompt (as you can't see it) it takes the default option, which is to switch channels.
Regular Visitor
davida13

[ Edited ]
i seee. that does make sense, i suppose :smileyhappy: i'll accept your post as the answer since it explains away an incorrect assumption that i had made, and was basing my original post on.