Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
amanda1979
Accepted Solution

info regarding ITVHD channels

i currently dont receive ITV1HD, ITV3HD n ITV4HD on my channel list, could someone tell us why and how d i get them, im wondering if it is coz im from scotland but i got the launch of BBC1HD ok the other day even tho that broadcasts a mainly english region schedule.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Re: info regarding ITVHD channels

Hi Amanda

ITV1 HD and STV HD are not currently available on the EPG for Scotland due to ongoing negotiations between the broadcasters.  You can, however, add both channels to your lineup using the Add Channels procedure in the Sky menu.

On the Sky remote, press Services>Options>Add Channels>Select.  Enter the values 10936, V, 22000, 5/6.  Press yellow to 'find channels'.  On the resulting page highlight the first 'ITV 1 HD' & '3855' and press 'yellow' on each to store.  Press 'Select' when complete.

These two channels will then be in Other Channels for you to view.  They are not in the EPG.  They cannot be recorded.  Label 3855 is STV HD.

You should already have ITV2 HD, and ITV 3 HD & 4 HD are due to launch tomorrow ( 15th November 2010 ) on the EPG.  Also in Scotland, I believe.

Don't hold your breath for native HD content on any of these channels.  Most of the programming is only upscaled SD, not full HD.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Lurig03

HI, thanks for the Frequency codes I also found them helpful. Do you have the Frequency for ITV1 HD London?

We live in Northern Ireland and would like this channel.

El Capo
Kenneth+M

It's the second 'ITV 1 HD' listed when you have scanned channels as per my post above.

El Capo
Kenneth+M

Sorry, things have changed, it's now ITV1 HD (London) 10832, H, 22000, 5/6

Getting There
Lurig03

Thank you so much, you have been very helpful.

I'm New Here
linzi+...

i have done everything to store the itv hd for stv region,but still cant find it,i dont understand when you say label 3855 is stv hd,can you help with this problem for me ?

El Capo
Kenneth+M

Use 10936, V, 22.0, 5/6 .  Press yellow to find channels. The channel scan will then show 3 results - ITV HD, ITV HD, and 3855.  3855 is actually STV HD.  Press yellow to store it, then press Select.  You'll find it in 'Other Channels'.  It is not on the EPG.

I'm New Here
linzi+...

thank you that was very helpfull

Getting There
pdoffskycustomer

You cannot get ITVHD in Scotland, or for that matter Northern Ireland, because ITV and Sky have entered into a contract which specifically excludes transmission to those parts of the United Kingdom only allowing customers in England and Wales these services. Its called discrimination!!

I suggest those Sky customers living in Scotland and Northern Ireland bombard Sky Customer Services with complaints and maybe then they will act to end the discrimination.

pdoffskycustomer 

Super User
caesarome

I might be wrong here but I think this is soley down to ITV as they are the broadcaster and then decide what gets shown and where so bombading Sky is the worng way to go about it, I would suggest that ITV should be the first port of call.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

[ Edited ]

This is basically a very long-running dispute between STV and ITV plc.  Until it's resolved,  Sky will be unable to bring STV HD onto the EPG.  Nor is STV HD on Freesat, for the same reason.  Until STV and ITV have sorted out their little tiff, those of us in Scotland will just have to continue to add ITV HD manually, and view from Other Channels.  No big deal really, nothing worth recording anyway.  Ghastly channel.:smileyvery-happy:

Graduate
Adrian+Marc+Cross

this is addressed to the sky mods

has this issue been resolved yet ?

as the media seems to think ithas so when will sky 103 be ITV HD for us scottish subscribers

Staff
Anne-M

Hi All, 

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. 

We are not aware of any plans in changing the channel line up for BBC, ITV, CH4 and CH5 on our systems. If any changes are made, then this will be put up on our website for customers to see. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.