Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
tmayne0712

iPad Sky Go app, device limit reached even though 1 space free

Hi everyone,

Subject pretty much describes it, but I have my iPhone registered to watch Sky Go and I also had my computer registered. I purchased an iPad and decided that I would prefer to watch Sky Go on that instead of my computer so I went in to my account and removed the computer from my devices.

However, now when i sign in on the iPad app it keeps saying that my limit of devices has been reached. Even deleting and re-installing the app still bears the same result.

has anyone else had this problem?

Many Thanks

Tracey

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Staff
John-B

Re: iPad Sky Go app, device limit reached even though 1 space free

Hi tmayne0712

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Forum.

When was the last time you made a change to your devices?

As you can only make one change per month.

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
richieau

I encountered essentially the same thing over the weekend.

I was using my two devices (XBox and PC) but wanted to register an iPad instread. So I removed the Xbox, and then attempted to register the iPad only to be greeted with the device limit reached message.

It looks like your system is only permitting one remove or add device action per month. So if we remove a device, we have to wait until the next month to add a new device in its place? Surely this isn't the intended specification of the system and it's a software bug?

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi richieau,

How long had your XBOX and PC been registered for?

Thanks
Visitor
Moley247

Same thing happened to me this weekend too had laptop and iPhone as devices removed laptop as I got an iPad played sky go for a day on iPad then stopped working had a streaming message in video window constantly so deinstalled sky go app and reinstalled it now I get the message limit reached like you guys I understand about changing a device every month but this is actually the same device so doesn't make any sense what's so ever.

Contributor
richieau

Samantha,

My XBox and PC had been registered a few days after Sky Go launched. So several months at least.

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi Moley247,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear that you have had an issue removing one device and replacing it with another. 

Do you have any devices registered and working on SkyGo at the moment?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi richieau,

What devices are shown as being registered when you are logged in to SkyGo? Have you had any previous issues with any registered device and had to remove them?

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Moley247

Hi Andy F-21

Cheers for the reply my iPhone is a registered device and it is still working on skygo.

Many thanks

Moley247

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi Moley247,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

What was the error message that you were getting on the IPad?

It looks as though removing the app and installing it again has removed it from your registered devices. I am sorry to say this means that you would need to wait until the beginning of September for your next device change to register the IPad again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Jeepster1965

Hi

I have the same issue, so will have to wait until the 1st September I guess, I have reistalled Sky Go on my Ipad I am worried however that as it is already installed that come the 1st of sep i will get the same message and then when i unistall and reinstall I will have to wait a full month

Does that make sense/ should I deinstall sky go just now and reistall on the 1st? confused.com

Visitor
Moley247

Good question jeepster1965 I suppose if we uninstalled it now and reinstalled on September 1st we would be starting a fresh

Visitor
Moley247

Hi Andy-F21

Shall I remove the app before September 1st and reinstall or should I just keep the app already installed?

Cheers