Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
greg78
Accepted Solution

how to get rid of split screen

i have a problem that when watching a hd channel thats also being broadcast in 3d i get a split screen on my tv..ps i dont have 3d or a 3d tv, my tv is a sony kdl 40" lcd ,hope someone can help!..

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Robert-B

Re: how to get rid of split screen

Hi greg78,

If it is a 3D broadcast then it will only show as a split screen if you do not have a 3D TV.

If you are trying to view the Wimbledon Tennis on BBCHD ch169 then you can switch to BBC OneHD ch143 to view it in normal HD.

If you are viewing our Sky 3D channel then I'm afraid there is no alternative channel unless the particualr programme is being simulcast on one of our HD channels, like football for example.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
Crafty111

I am watching BBC HD ON CHANNEL 143 and i cant get rid of the split screen. I have just checked the forum and it tells a customer to go to channel 143 to  stop getting the split screen, so can someone who knows what they are talking about tell me what to do. I don't have Sky 3D and I am watching it on a normal hd channel.

Wise Council
John8372

Are you watching BBC HD on 169 or BBC One HD on 143?

Do you get split screen on 450, 451, etc...?

Super User
Mark39

If you haven't already, start by re-booting your Sky box: power off at the mains and wait 5 minutes before switching on again.