Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
777mick

how do i turn off parental control

I have just got sky movies, most of the movies want a pin to view.

the instruction book i have shows completely different images to what i am seeing on the screen so is useless.

i have been on to services/parental control and all i get is the option to change the pin

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: how do i turn off parental control

Unfortunately pre-watershed rated content that is shown before 8pm will need you to input your pin.Also Sky have built it in to their software so it cannot be turned off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

[ Edited ]

To turn off all PIN protection, so far as possible:

Services -> Parental Control -> [enter PIN] -> Red button

Don't forget to save.

To turn off PIN protection just for pre-watershed programmes:

Services -> Parental Control -> [enter PIN] -> Other -> PIN on Pre-Watershed playback

NOTE - you can't completely turn off PIN protection for pre watershed playback so as to enable Sky to comply with OFCOM regulations.

Occasional Visitor
777mick

Thanks for the info, I found the link for downloading the correct manual for my sky box, that should help.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

See The Ofcom Broadcasting Code: Section 1: Protecting The Under-Eighteens.

Occasional Visitor
777mick

frustrating when the youngest member in the household is 28 :smileyfrustrated:

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

I know. 

Unfortunately the digibox, Sky, and OFCOM have no way of telling who is sat in front of the gogglebox, so the watershed restraints apply to all, regardless of the ages of people in the household.:smileyfrustrated:

ccStar

It requires the pin to be entered to be able to disable the pin.

I don't see why this has to be such a nanny for a house full of adults, not really any different to activating the ability to access adult content on your mobile... go through a check once & then greater usability for everyone thereafter.

Occasional Visitor
Nev+Knight

tried everything and it wont work so going to virgin media when my contract is up

Occasional Visitor
Roonus

Pointless having pin protection on tv viewing when sky streams the same content online without pin protection, kids use the same password on sky's ondemand service for their programs as we do for adult content, they have to know it not just cos sky fails to save the password (so encouraging weak password use), but because the player is so poor and crashes so often if the kids didn't know the password we'd be forever reentering it for them.