Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
davidcartwright01

how do i stop pop ups on my email page

how do i stop pop ups on my email page

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Re: how do i stop pop ups on my email page

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon davidcartwright01,

It's great to speak to one of our Yahoo! mail users and hopefully we can help get to the bottom of this :smileyhappy:

Can you please clarify what you mean by pop-ups? If you are referring to the adverts that appear at the side of your Sky Email account then these are supposed to be there and we cannot remove them.

If it is an actual pop-up message constantly appearing, this is a separate issue from your Sky Email account which you would need to get to the bottom of.

If you can please reply to my post to let me know.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Gill+Kirkland

Why do we have to put up these hughe ads everytime we want to use email.  It is most annoying. We get enough unwanted literature through the post and ads on tv without all this junk in front of us.

Gill Kirkland

Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hey @Gill+Kirkland,

Where have you been? We haven't seen you in almost a year! 

As per @Fraser-H post above, can you please clarify what kind of pop-ups do you mean? Are you referring to the adverts that appear at the side of your Sky Email account a pop-up message constantly appearing.

We really want to get to the bottom of this so I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Bodas1973

I have the ad setting switched to off and yet still get annoying ads showing especially when my inbox is empty, such a poor mail service now from the excellent GMail one we came from
Super User
caesarome

You could install an ad blocker.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
Tesla252

Oh yes you can stop the bloody Yahpoo adverts! All you need to do is install a pop-up blocker. I use Firefox and there is one on their site with easy instructions and it works a treat. They are also available for Internet Explorer.

However this will not get round the fact that SKY Yahpoo really is a load of poo and the level of support is something scraped from the bottom of the excrement barrel. The easy way out is to sign up for GMail - it's easy and it works first time and synchronises with mobiles.

Am I an unhappy customer? Dammn right I am!