Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
pagarn
Accepted Solution

failed recordings

my sky hd box has just started to miss some recordings ,it shows as failed if i go to the information for that recording it say there is a technical fault ,any one got any ideas .thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Re: failed recordings

Make/model of box? Any fault number, or just 'technical fault'?

If you haven't already, try re-booting the box - unplug from the mains, wait a couple of minutes, plug back in and wait 3 minutes before pressing the Sky button.

If that doesn't help, try a Planner Rebuild: http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/index.h...

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Scott+.......

We are having the exact same problem, random recording fail with just a message saying "technical fault". No numbers after it. It is a Amstrad DRX890, I have turned the box off overnight and done a rebuild as described, hope this works!

Visitor
pagarn

i have done a reboot and it seems ok at the moment ,i will do a rebuild if it continues

THANKS

Occasional Visitor
A175980

my sky + HD has recording part of program , saying technical fault - 7 or recording failed technecal fault - 10

any bright ideas welcome , thanks.

Super User
kato

A175980 wrote:

my sky + HD has recording part of program , saying technical fault - 7 or recording failed technecal fault - 10

any bright ideas welcome , thanks.

See this thread for more info.You will find it's a known fault.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Recording-Playback/The-Technical-Fault-7-Thread/td-p/42103

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Visitor
rick+251

Random recordings have failed for no apparent reason, when I click on it with the I button on the remote it says

Rec failed no signal but all programs are on.

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi rick+251,

Have you noticed if the failed recordings are all from the same channel, or for the same programme?  Can you try a planner rebuild and see if you still experience this issue?

Thanks,

Visitor
portland+g

I have been experiencing similar problems with my amstrad sky+HD box. Just recently some of my recordings have shown "technical fault" and when I watch the programme it comes up during playback with the message "recording interrupted, loss of signal". This even occurs if I watch the programme while I record it but my live programme doesn't seem to have a problem. Another problem is that when I press the record button or plan a recording sometimes it records for a short while then stops or doesn't record at all.

I have tried switching off at the mains and restarting, have done a planner rebuild (twice) and have carried out a software download ( 3 times) but still the problem exists. My signal strength and quality meters are showing almost 90% and my lock indicators say "ok".I have also noticed that my box , upon switch on displays a blue screen and doesn'y display a channel. I have a Sky+ bos in my bedroom and everything is fine with that system.This has all started within the last three weeks or so. I am beginning to think that an upgrade has taken place and it has more bugs in it than the grill on my car. Can anyone tell me whether there is any thing else I can do short of cancelling my sky and going on to freesat

Super User
Mark39

If it's 'technical fault 7' which is consistent with the message you see on playback, there's a whole (huge) thread here devoted to this issue.

Visitor
portland+g

I don't have any numbers after "technical fault"

Visitor
portland+g

Just had another look and it does say "technical fault - 7" lets see if there is a cure some where out there