Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Bsalmi

failed rec: technical fault - 5

Hi,

I set the planner to record the Arsenal v Aston Villa game on Saturday at 23:15.

When I went into My Planner to watch it, I got a message saying FAILED instead of RECORDED.

Info revealed the following error message: failed rec: technical fault - 5.

I could not find anything in the forums with his particular error message.

Amstrad R003.047.28.00P

Thanks,

Bruno

Sky Error

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: failed rec: technical fault - 5

Try a planner rebuild.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/index.h...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

I agree with Kato. I doubt anyone, including the Sky Advisers will be able to tell you what TF5 means and what causes it.
Visitor
BrownBoots

FWIW the same happened to me when I tried recording Arsenal v Villa late last Saturday. I had previously set the box up to record it at 10:15 but when I checked at 10:25 it was still waiting to start so I cancelled and rescheduled the recording for the later broadcast. Next morning all I had was recording failed with technical fault 5. I have subsequently been able to record programs from BBC1 and Sky Sports with no problems and without having to do a planner rebuild.

Given Bsalmi's experiences I wonder whether there is a common factor at work here at the broadcasting end which could have caused these problems. Was it co-incidence ?. Was something linked to the start of BST involved ?. Can someone at Sky technical support investigate please ?. Some advice as to the optimum frequency at which to do a planner rebuild would be useful in order to avoid future failed recordings. Confidence in my Sky+ box is now severely dented.

Occasional Visitor
Ducey1

Hi I also have the same problem this seems to have started abut the same time however I am getting failed recording for everything that I have already set in planner, with or without series link & some HD channels some not. 

I have checked all cables/connectkons which appear ok.  Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening with my sky+HD box.

If I do a planner rebuild will this loose what I already have recorded & stored in the planner?

Many thanks

Super User
kato

Ducey1 wrote

If I do a planner rebuild will this loose what I already have recorded & stored in the planner?

Doing a planner rebuild will not affect your recordings you already have.:smileyhappy:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
Ducey1

Thanks Kato

Will try a rebuild later, at moment my hubbie is watching the footie:smileyhappy: Will post how I get on.

Contributor
sandgrounder

Hi all, 

Same problem - different match ... this time it was the Apoel v Real Madrid game. 

Does anyone have a real answer to this rather than the usual which most of us try anyway before posting here ? Sky Tech Support (if you exist) - this means you; it would be appreciated if you actually did something rather than rely on other subscribers to help us out. 

Regards, 

S

Believe in Better - that'll be the day !
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi sandgrounder, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Can you let me know when this recording was set up? Is this the only recording to fail for this reason?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
sandgrounder

Anne, 

Set up the night before as we were out on the Tuesday evening and when we got back the Planner said the recording had failed and the reason given was Technical Fault 5.

This is the first time we have seen this message.

Regards,

S  

Believe in Better - that'll be the day !
Occasional Visitor
usborne

I can't try a rebuild, a message comes up saying menu is not available when two recordings are in progress. I CAN'T RECORD ANYTHING!!!!! What do I try now? Any help gratefully received!!!
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi usborne, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, and welcome to the community.

Can you turn the box onto standby, then off at the mains (making sure all lights on the box are off). Once you have waited 1 minute, plug the box back in and wait 3 minutes. Please retry the planner rebuild and let me know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.