Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

connecting using non sky router

Sky router seems to have died on me, so I'm currently in process of connecting a different router to sky.

But during setup is unable to find a internet connection.

All leads are correct so why am I unable to find a connection?
Must I use the router sky gave me? (Surely not)

Am in EN1 area
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Re: connecting using non sky router

[ Edited ]

Hi RoadRunner20,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your router.

We are not aware of any issues in that specific area at the moment. I would suggest that you have look through the troubleshooting steps from here and make sure they are all completed.

I will make you aware that we cannot offer advice on a non-Sky supplied router, so make sure when completing the steps it's a Sky router you are using.

Let us know how you get on and we look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

The problem you have is that you have to find out what your username and password are from your sky router, as these details are only stored in the sky router you will have to use Google to help you with this and when you have them you then have to enter them in this different router.

You can not connect to the internet without a username and password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

Have tried the sky router but it's just not working at all properly, it's power is on, connected to pc and everything but it's just making a noise but not doing anything.

Thus why I'm using another router to see if I can connect, sadly unable to complete that router installation due to no connection.

Looks like going to call sky
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Roadrunner20,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you confirm where the noise is coming from? Also, when you try to connect the old router up what lights do you see on the router?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

Just connected the sky router up and power light is on, WIFI light on, and the channel 1 light is on. That it

Tried opening browser but nothin

Any suggestions?

Noise happens when I connect power and is a squealing noise, if that helps

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi Roadrunner20,

Thanks for replying.

I think we need to look into this further I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will arrange for a Private Message to be sent before midday tomorrow for more details.

If you could respond to the private message that would be great.

Regards,

Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

OK
I was going to post a YouTube video of what I'm seeing but your forum isn't letting me so can't in afraid
Super User
caesarome

Just post the link to the video instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

Have you tried unplugging the router from the mains for 5 minutes then seeing if it makes that noise again after plugging it back up ?

I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
RoadRunner20

Yer that was first thing I tried,

Just keeps making that noise and even when those lights are green when I clock browser nothin.

Do I need to do anything before opening browser, ie router been offline for a while?

Bar me missing something I can't see what's wrong so looks like going to have to go through sky customer service:/
On that note pmed them so will wait and see