Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
dimple13

connecting Samsung galaxy young phone to sky wifi

My Samsung galaxy young phone will not connect to sky wifi. When I try to connect the phone goes through the connecting stage but then says saved and secure.  I have tried connecting to different wifi providers which works so I know it's not the phone. I can connect to the sky wifi with the kindle but can anyone suggest anything as the Orange shop says the phone is working ok.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Hands3Comms

Re: connecting Samsung galaxy young phone to sky wifi

We have the same problem been back to Tescos replaced the phone and still nothing, connects perfectly with BT wifi round a friend house.
All our other phones and iPads etc connect perfectly so what is the issue.

Look forward to a response
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Hi Hands3Comms and thanks for getting in touch with us about your problem connecting your Samsung Galaxy Y to Sky Wifi.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that this particular phone has some issues connecting to certain routers. A common solution that has been offered is to use a static IP on the phone.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Kei M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Hands3Comms

Hi

Thanks for this. Tried It, still comes up ‘saved,secure’ ‘authentication error’, this phone connects on other network providers straight away? Router?

I look forward to your reply

Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello Hands3Comms,

I will be taking over from Kei. 

When your phone says its connected to the network do you get the WiFi symbol on your notification bar or a different symbol i.e. N?

You have mentioned the phone connects to other networks straight away, what networks were these i.e. Sky, Virgin etc?

Look forward to hearing form you.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Hands3Comms

Hi,

No WIFI symbol comes up in the notification bar, just that text when I input the password. the WIFI symbol come straight up on an open BT network, my friend BT network and Talk Talk

Getting There
debh

I have the same problem on my daughter's galaxy young. It connects to other networks but not to sky, says connecting and then saved, secure. I am connected with my Nokia lumia,kindle and htc it is only the galaxy young that has this problem!
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Thanks for getting back to me Hands3Comms.

Does your Sky Broadband work with other devices i.e. laptops/tablets?

It's strange that your phone will connect with other networks but not your own.

If you can get back to me when you have a moment I will assist you further.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hello debh,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

So your daughters Samsung Galaxy Young is also not connecting to the Sky network. Has this ever worked before or just not connected since your daughter got the phone?

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
debh

Just got the phone and won't connect at all. Went out and it connected straight away to the cloud.
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

OK, thanks for getting back to me debh.

There is one check I am going to run through with you, this will help to establish whether there is an issue with the Sky router or any settings within the phone not accepting the Sky router, if this is the case you will need to speak with the phone provider.

This will need to be done on a laptop/PC as we need to connect to the router via Ethernet cable.

1. Open a web browser and type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar

2. select set up/wireless and log in, username: admin password: sky (lowercase for both)

3. Go down to Security options and turn the security off (disable) then go to apply and save the setting.

4. Go to the mobile and try to connect to the network (if it has saved the settings select forget this network and then re connect)

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Hands3Comms

In answer to your earlier question all our other devices iPod touches iPad iPhones pair and work brilliantly, my brother sony phone and htc pair without a hitch.

I have disabled the security settings and tried to connect again it came up 'saved' did not attempt to look for ip address nothing happened
Look forward to your response
Community Coordinator
Kei+M

Thanks Hands3Comms.

Does it manage to connect to the Sky Hub at all and the it's just the internet fails to load? Or is it failing to connect to the Sky Hub completely?

Let me know and we'll try get you sorted.

Cheers,

Kei M
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Hands3Comms

Hi,

Failing to connect to the Sky Hub completely, I took this phone into work, to see if it would connect to our wifi on both our open and prtected network there and it connected straight away.

Look forward to your response

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for getting back to us on this Hands3Comms, I'm sure this is causing quite the inconvenience.

I'd suggest turning your security back on through your Router Status Page as we only suggest this as a test to see if we can get you connected. We don't want you sitting without any security on a permanent basis.

Do you have any friends or family nearby who are Sky Broadband subscribers? If so, can you try connecting to their network to see if you can connect?

Also, can you let me know what type of Sky Router they are using?

Please come back to me and let me know as I'm keen to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator