Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
stans88

connect sky box to internet

Hi,
Is it possible to connect my box to the internet so I can watch anytime without using having to plug it in the wall? Like plugged into my laptop? My lead doesn't reach!

Thanks x
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: connect sky box to internet

If you want Anytime+ on your Sky box then a lead needs to be run from your router to the Sky box if that is what you mean, other than that I don't understand what you are asking.

You can not connect your Sky box to your laptop.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Jon+Brewitt

Re: connect sky box to Internet

Don't suppose you know what cable it is you need to connect your sky box to your Internet (modem)?

Thanks

Super User
Annie+UK

Re: connect sky box to Internet

The cable is Ethernet (Cat5 or Cat6).

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18, iPad

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).