Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
mickelson+uk

cmt

Hi there, 

Can anyone tell me if there is any way of /sky getting Country music television ( CMT) back ?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: cmt

Hi michelson+uk,

I really appreciate you joining the forum and getting involved within our community :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, CMT is no longer broadcast over Sky and this could be down to us not having a broadcast agreement with CMT themselves.  For any more information on this, you would have to contact them direct.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
rosebud01

Hi,

there is a new station now available called tcn the country network which broadcasts this brilliant music as well, i was informed by them they have contacted sky uk with a view to broadcasting, how is this progressing? it is very unfair that country fans are abandoned by sky and pop fans have around 20 stations!!!

sonia

Contributor
JanePar

I used to also enjoy CMT that new channel sounds good.
2 x DRX 890 , Sky BB with Sky Hub , IPhone , ipad , nexus 7.
Super User
caesarome

rosebud01 wrote:and pop fans have around 20 stations!!!

I agree with this bit. There used to be a brilliant classical tv station but that soon bit the dust and if I remember correctly there was also one called Soundtrack Tv or something and that didn't last very long either. You would hope that in the long run that Sky would look to adding more channels but not pop/rock ones.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
rosebud01

hi , yeah this TCN station is available on the internet free to watch so if sky dosnt add this channel soon im considering upgrading my internet to better broadband and hooking it up to my tv and that way i could cut back on my sky packages as well , dont know why i have the music package anyway its a waste of stations at the minute. sonia

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

[ Edited ]

It's not up to Sky to add anything to their EPG, the exception being UK public service broadcasters .  It's up to owners of other channels to approach Sky for an EPG slot.  This costs money, and if broadcasters don't think they'll gain anything financially by being on the Sky platform, they won't sign up.  It's all about the money.

There's also the small matter of leasing transponder space on Astra or Eurobird in order to be received on Sky boxes.

You should be asking this question of whoever runs the particular channels you're interested in.

Occasional Visitor
rosebud01

hi there,

I have been in touch with TCN and they told me they have approached skyuk and do wish to broadcast on their network this was summer last yr. Im just wondering what the hold up is, if the channel is interested and there are customers out there who want this type of station why sky arnt listening to us?

Occasional Visitor
WeLoveCountryUK

Guys, Its fantastic to see you all figting for this channel. However it doesnt look like sky are listening. Wehave a campiagn running at the moment so if you REALL REALLY want a Country music channel come an check it out. We are all over Twitter with it. there are posts on our own website, facebook, tumblr and pinterest too. 

Come and join the other voices and lets get this channel here! 

Sky might not be listening but Virgin Media are!!

http://welovecountry.co.uk/monday-august-27th-2012-the-day-we-change-the-world/

Occasional Visitor
Stephyy1990

C'mon sky we need this channel !! Uk fans wanna watch dog the bounty hunter when it airs in April !!! What's the hold up guys
Occasional Visitor
suzyq13

Come on sky getting closer to dog release date candy wait for leland
Occasional Visitor
bomber43

Hi  everyone  Thanks rosebud01 for the imformation about C.N.T i,ll be looking into that.  regards bomber43