Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
n+afsar
Accepted Solution

cant change channel whilst recording programme, Help!

Hi, basically, I have a sky +HD box and have been having a problem for a week or so. I can't change the channel when i am recording a programme, as it comes up with the message that you cannot record two programmes at one time and that i must select a recording to delete. However I am only recording one programme, not two. What can i do to fix this problem? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Malcolm-M

Re: cant change channel whilst recording programme, Help!

Hi n+afsar, a planner rebuild should help.

Malcolm-M
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
n+afsar

Hi, Malcom. Tried the planner rebuild, however it hasn't resolved the problem. Is there anything else i can try. Is it possible that it is to do with the wires in the back off the box?

Mentor
sarge99-sky

Hi n+afsar

Is one of the channels you're recording or tuned to a BBC channel ?

The reason I ask is because I've had a similar issue (and reported it directly to Sky) where when tuned or recording a BBC channel that it seems to confuse the current software.

Cheers, sarge

If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you - please add a kudo (pink button left of post) Thanks.
Getting There
n+afsar

Hi.

No, it seems to be all the channels. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Much help would be appreciated please. thanks

Mentor
sarge99-sky

Hi again

It would be worth checking the signal levels you are getting.It should be one of the options availble under Services.

If you've only got one feed working properly then that would explain the issue straightaway but if they are both ok then it could be the software. Other possible causes are cable not tight enough in back of box, fault in the cable between the box/LNB or the LNB itself. If it's outside then it may mean an engineer callout.

Suggest you start with checking the signal level/quality, also check to make sure single feed option is not set to Yes in the Installer Menu  - post back if they are not ok otherwise try another reboot and see if that helps.

Please let us know how you get on. Hope this helps.

Cheers, sarge

If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you - please add a kudo (pink button left of post) Thanks.
Getting There
Prov

Hi, did you get this to work in the end?

Martin