Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
p2uly

cannot watch sky when sky+ing

has anyone out there had a problem where they can't watch sky while recording another channel with sky+ ?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: cannot watch sky when sky+ing

How many cables do you have coming from the dish to the box one or two?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
p2uly

hi kato

i have 2 cables coming out of dish

Super User
caesarome

Is your box set up correctly for two feed mode ?
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
p2uly

it was working last week for some reason its just stopped working  also when i try to get info from the tv guide all that comes up is programme synopsis unavailable, i dont know if that will affect it.

hopefully one of you guys can help because im sick of watching coronation street.

Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

Give a planner rebuild a try, you will not lose your recordings:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
p2uly

ive tried this but still no good,  do you think i may have a faulty box?

Super User
kato

Try rebooting your box.First turn your box off at the mains for 5 minutes,turn back on and wait another 4 minutes then retry.

What make of box is it?

Also check single feed is off.Follow link for details.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/set-up/set-up-sky-plus-hd-in-a-flat-with-a-communal-sat...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Regular Visitor
phm1975

check you are getting a signal from both inputs

p2uly

how do i check the feeds?

Super User
kato

Also check all of the connections. To check the signal press services>>settings>>signal

Super User
caesarome

By clicking the link in Kato's post above. If you mean to check how many feeds you have going into the box then just look at the back of your box.

I do not work for Sky.