Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
dumper99

can't find sky go app on google store

Been on google store got sky+, sky sport, sky news but not sky go, any know why,
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: can't find sky go app on google store

It is here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygo

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
dumper99

After all that it would seem that HTC Rhyme can't have sky go. Can understand why so many people are unhappy with service !!
Occasional Visitor
Scnitzelgruben

[ Edited ]

..... ok

Occasional Visitor
weesteff1611

Cannot find the sky go app on google play or open the link on sky website. Deleted app as buffering. Followed instructions to un install and try again. No sky go. Any ideas?
Occasional Visitor
Scnitzelgruben

It's been temporarily removed from google apps while their developers are trying to resolve an issue found. Should be back once fixed.
Occasional Visitor
weesteff1611

Ah I see thank you. Any idea how long that will be?
Visitor
akel4uk

i just get ... We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Occasional Visitor
weesteff1611

I phoned sky technical today told me there has been a security breach and should be up and running at some point!
Frequent Contributor (Platinum)
AJR37

Sky access to the Google Play Store was hacked and their apps replaced. Quite embarrassing.
They are now investigating and will restore them in a few weeks, if usual Sky response times are applied.
Super User
rscott

Apps weren't replaced, the screen shots and text were though. That was why the date but not version updated.

The delay getting the apps back in the store is not all due to sky - it normally takes 24-48 hours for changes to replicate through the store.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi Guys,

We have temporarily removed our Apps from the Google Play store following a security alert.

All Sky Apps were unaffected and any Sky Android apps previously downloaded by customers are safe to use. There is no need to remove them from your android device.

As soon as we have restored the apps on Google Play we will post up an update.

I do apologise for the inconvenience. 

Occasional Visitor
saah1985

Hi emma - any idea when they will be back up and running?
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi Saah1985,

We haven't got any further information, as soon as we have an updated we will post.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Super User
KingfisherUK

[ Edited ]

The apps have been re-instated to Google Play and are now available.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.