Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
squize
Accepted Solution

buffering??????

how do i stop the buffering when watching skygo,its very bloody annoying trying to watch sport..!!!!!!!!!!!!:manmad:

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: buffering??????

have you go the picture quality set as "high" as that fixed it for me when I first had this issue on the old Sky Player.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Robert

Hi squize, 

Buffering can indicate an issue with your broadband connection or the connection between your computer and the router. Please see our Sky Go Troubleshooting guide for this on the Help Centre.

Getting There
isheeb

hi i have a buffering issue after the 30 min ad break. This is an issue that has been carried over from Sky Player, I am not the only one experiancing this issue and since Sky Go is just a renaming of Sky Player online with an added library, the back ground programing and code is pretty much the same thing. this issue has been raised on this tread to which i could not reply due to it being archived: 

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Player/advert-in-middle-of-program-then-wait-30-mins-for-the-next-bi...

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Player/advert-in-middle-of-program-then-wait-30-mins-for-the-next-bi...

Please could you tell me if sky has yet found a soloution to this problem. My connection speed is between 6-8Mbps so it is not a connection issue. 

Many Thanks 

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi isheeb, the post I made on that thread is still relevant. We need anyone experiencing this issue to get in touch so that it can be investigated.

Malcolm-M
Getting There
MelandHugo

We are also having this problem. 7mbps connection. all other programs and internet running well. Just all sky downloads and sky go very slow and constant buffering.

Please help.

thanks

Staff
Robert

Hi MelandHugo, 

Can you tell us how your PC is connected to your broadband router is it a wired or wireless connection?

Getting There
MelandHugo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response. It's wireless.

Hugo

The Fixer
Rankine

Got the same problem myself tonight trying to watch the cricket, never had a problem before and my set up is excatly the same as it has always been.

It is very annoying!!!!

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi, does it say buffering when it happens or is it just the picture stuttering and dropping frames?

Malcolm-M
The Fixer
Rankine

Malcolm-M wrote:

Hi, does it say buffering when it happens or is it just the picture stuttering and dropping frames?

Hi Malcolm, it says buffering.

Online & Mobile Guru
paul1360

I've also just started to have this problem, after I had to re-register my PC again. The word buffering comes up with the circle thing rotating + % number.

I'm set to High Quality but there again my BB conection is 38Mb down & 9Mb up so it's not my wired conection. Just another Bug in Sky Go.

iechyd da

Online & Mobile Guru
paul1360

This is what I'm getting

iechyd da

Staff
Robert

Hi paul1360, 

Thanks for that, can you confirm you have followed our Sky Go Troubleshooting steps for buffering on the Sky Help Centre?

Graduate
Snorwed21

Hi. It seems to me that since the change to Sky Go I have had nothing but problems. Constant buffering, error messages and such a stupid small picture area when you first log in.

The buffering makes it almost impossible to watch a progamme, never had the problem has badly before.

And before you ask I have gone through the troubleshooting guide etc.