Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
jelliebeanuk

bill overdue WHY???

i changed my payment on the 10th this month from debit card to direct debit payment is due on the 16th..now i have payment overdue and payment wanted immediatley on my account because you did not take the money on the 16th!!!????

have emailed but only got back the usual standard reply that was nothing to do with the question asked

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: bill overdue WHY???

[ Edited ]

From the 'Payment Date Due' but from My Account on MySky:

"You can change your payment due date once a month.

If you change your payment due date less than 14 days before your current bill is due, the change will take effect from your next bill."

I would have thought that they will take two payments from you on your next payment date next month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
yazboy01

i have just paid my overdue bill and it shows cleared but my channels are still blocked why?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi yazboy01, bringing your account up to date may not automatically activate channels again. I'd advise contacting us to discuss it.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi jelliebeanuk, we do not handle account specific queries on the forum as personal information cannot be posted. I would advise contacting us to discuss this.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
jelliebeanuk

Hi Malcolm-M (Sky Knowledge Advisor), i have contacted customer service by email..had one reply that was nothing to do with my question and have not had a reply to the second email sent....i would not have known payment had not been taken yet if i had not looked on my sky account last night!!!

Super User
caesarome

They are probably very busy, I have found it can sometime take them a week or more to respond to emails, try phoning them instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Verno

[ Edited ]

I had Sky+ HD fitted back in May 2010. I set up the account and the direct debit online. I have received a bill every month since with no payment being taken from my bank account.  I phoned to query this and was told it was a banking issue. I then visited my bank to be told that Sky had cancelled the DD in May at my request.? Which begged the question, Why would I, When it had just been installed?

I paid the amount due by Maestro and assumed everything was fine as I set up the DD again on the phone.

This has re-occurred every month from then on. There is no longer an issue with the bank as I have told them to accept any request from SKY nor is there an issue with funds in the account.

I just received a further bill for over £210 after setting the DD up for the 5th time!

I have complained in writing and via Email but to no avail. When I spoke to man yesterday(20/12/10) I was told, the complaints system is "crap" and his friend has complained 8 times with no response. I tried to cancel my subscription but am tied in till May 2011. He also told me that I should have been cut off when I reached £80 worth of arrears but everything is still on and now they want all the money at once. Can anyone shine any light on this?? 

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Verno, we do not handle account specific queries on the forum as personal information cannot be posted. You can discuss this with an advisor via the contact us link.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Verno

Thanks Malcolm

Managed to get it sorted "for Now". I was told to pay half now then wait till next month and pay the other half. Then, By February's bill everything should be back to normal. I understand you cant talk about a specific account on a forum but I was curious as to why this would happen in the first place and why Sky have been so in consistant with there own rules on this?

Occasional Visitor
patrick+martin

I have sent you a new direct debit mandate,why is my present bill not being paid from it.I have had to spend up to 10eoros on phone calls to your office trying to correct how you apply for your payment from my bank.My bank has told me that you are not useing the correct code for collecting your payment.Please reply asap and let me know if you have received my direct debit mandate,and when it will be in force. Yours Patrick Martin 

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Patrick Martin, we do not handle account specific queries on the forum as personal information cannot be posted. If you contact us we can look into this for you.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
scruffy1954

i notice that it is suggested that people contact sky by phone rather than email, i have spent a total of over 4 hours on the phone today and have yet to talk to an advisor, seems poor to me.

Occasional Visitor
sky19286

my bill is overdue due to the fact that i did not know it was 2mths in advance and it jumped from £102 to £175 so u can cancel my subscription                                                                                                                

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi sky19286, we do not handle account specific queries on the forum as personal information cannot be posted. If you contact us we can discuss this with you.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator