Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
rbur

Xbox sky app not working for the last week

Hi please could you help, last week I bought an Xbox gold account £40 have unlimited sky broadband and have sky movies and sports packages, since last week the sky app in my Xbox says sky is temporarily unavailable. I'm starting to think I have wasted £40.

I have cleared the cache, reinstalled the app (twice now), checked online to make sure my Xbox is registered as a device and it is. I have also took it off and put it on again.

Please could you help I am unable to watch anything online and wanted it today for the new football season. I am unable to use this app. I also upgraded my sky package to have sky broadband in the last 2 weeks and seems a waste of money now.

How long will the service be temporarily unavailable?

When will this issue be sorted?

Thanks
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Doni

Re: Xbox sky app not working for the last week

I have the exact same issue, and I cant find help for the problem anywhere

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
keith80

Likewise. Could someone please answer
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi All, 

if you can try these steps and tell me if they help this issue once you reinstall the app.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
  2. Select Storage.
  3. Select All Devices.
  4. Select Gamer Profiles.
  5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
  6. Select Delete.
  7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
mr+random

Yep, same issue here. Xbox status says all apps are working but it keeps telling me it's temporarily unavailable. Permanently would seem more appropriate. Help please!

Occasional Visitor
Clarky1991

Why would deleting my gamertag help in anyway shape or form? That's even more of a ballache.
Staff
John-B

Hey mr+random and Clarky1991, sorry for the delay in getting back to you about your Xbox app issue.

Have you both tried the steps that Peter-Ed suggested above?

If you can let me know when you get a minute.

Thanks,

John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
keith80

Tried that, didnt work. Is there anything else we can try
Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Hi Keith80,

Sorry to hear the issues you have been experiencing when trying to use the Sky Go services via your Xbox 360.

I understand you have tried the steps that Peter-Ed has put in place and this did not help to resolve the issue. If you can log into Sky Go on a desktop/laptop computer and accept the terms and conditions. Once you have accepted the terms and conditions if you could go back onto your Xbox 360 and see if this has worked.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
mr+random

Logging in to sky go and accepting terms did the trick. nice one. cheers for the help.

Community Coordinator
Natasha-B

Your welcome.

If you need further help let me know.

Thanks.

Natasha-B
Community Coordinator

Visitor
HelpMe1944

where do you find the T&C's to accept them?

Retired Staff Member
Olivia-C

Hi HelpMe1944, 

If you haven't done already, please can you try signing in through the web version of Sky Go with additional user details? It is possible that a prompt to set security question will appear instead of the option to accept the T's and C's, assign one and continue. If you then Sign out, and then back in again to the web version, that should prompt the T's and C's to appear. You can then sign in on the Xbox Version once again and shouldn't then have any further issues. 

If this doesn't work for you, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you to everyone that has posted with their own ways to overcome the issue. he team are aware of the problem and are testing for other was we can try to overcome it.

All the best

Olivia
Community Coordinator
Occasional Visitor
nicedave

I have had the same problem. I cannot get sky via my xbox. I can get skygo and extra on my ipad and pc but not on my xbox. I have cleared the cache many times and have deleted the app many times. I have spoken to customer services about the problem for over an hour. They have tried but cannot solve problem. If I sign out of the app I can get the guide etc but as soon as I sign in I cannot get anything but " temporarily unavailable please try later"

At a complete loss as to what to try next.

Community Coordinator
jordan-a

Hi nicedave,

Thank you for taking the time to post, can i ask if you have tried the steps that my colleague posted above? If you have and this still has not worked then can you please get back in touch so that i can assist you further?

Kind Regards,

Jordan
Community Coordinator