Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
On The Up
Simon+Woodus

Wwe main event

Is sky sport getting wwe main event that is shown on ion tv channel in America?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
H+B+K+ONLINE

Re: Wwe main event

I to have beenwanting to know the same thing.  Come on sky don't let us wwe fans down, it's looking like an important of wwe viewing us wwe fans are missing out on!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi guys,

I have put this to the relevant team to find out more about this for you.

A soon as I get a response I will let you know.

Thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi guys,

Had a response back from the team who have advised the following:

"There are no plans in the immediate future to show this on Sky Sports as it does not fall under the listed programming in the current deal with WWE"

Thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
On The Up
Superhero1

If Sky arent showing the Main Event,dont suppose you know if any other channels in the UK are showing it?

Getting There
H+B+K+ONLINE

I've tried googling it but couldn't find any sites to watch it and I tried youtube and that wasn't much better. So it's pretty frustrating really :-(

On The Up
Superhero1

Ive done the same thing Google is useless!,thing is the same happened with Superstars to begin with,then within weeks Sky got the rights to show it,downside to it though was that the best matches had been on in the previous weeks,& thats what will happen with the Main Event by the time Sky get it,but its irritating hearing about when you cant see it.

Protégé
Mitchell-G

[ Edited ]

I have to add to this subject.

Sky will not license WWE Main Event, it will not happen until 2015 when their contact is due for renewal and until then, we can sadly say goodbye to all the new shows just like we missed WWE Tough Enough. Sky's current contract issues Raw, SmackDown, NXT, Superstars etc and the PPV's on Sky Sports and Box Office. The only time Sky will actually negotiate with WWE is when a PPV doesn't fall under their contract. They also somehow managed to gain NXT when ECW retired and SuperSmackdown LIVE.

Another thing I like to add is how Sky Sports is doing a disgrace with WWE this year and I hope it moves to another network in 2015 which will actually attempt to pick up new shows instead of just giving the response "it's not under our contract agreement". Sky just has the WWE just as another reason to make people purchase Sky Sports, they don't actually care about the fans as it doesn't come under "Football".

The On-Demand is a joke as well. RAW should be on the On-Demand on Tuesday, not Friday. I know Sky is just showing the repeated version from Thursday but they have the technology to actually record it on Tuesday morning and throw it straight on the On-Demand. Makes no sense why they can't.

Rant over.

- Mitchell

Getting There
H+B+K+ONLINE

Couldn't agree more. It's very frustrating as a fan. I used to speak highly of sky but to be honest I am getting more and more frustrated. Especially like you say when they use the phrases of 'its not in the contract''
I can't help but feel that sky can't be bothered to actually attempt to get new shows. There probably is more to it but Like i say it's very frustrating as a fan and I'm sure sky know what a huge fan base wwe has in the uk.
It's even more annoying when they keep sending letters out putting the sky bills up just to help them pay for over priced bidding of the premier league and its us the viewers that suffer..
It insults our intelligence when they say believe in better... Believe me I keep on believing but it still hasn't happened yet!
Getting There
rlough1980

Couldn't agree more with the comments on here. Sky currently has an amazing WWE line-up, but when a new show is produced - of course us fans want it. If its a time issue, could I suggest that Sky drops one of the highlight shows such as Afterburn and replace it with WWE Main Event? Surely that could be done? Or how about offering it On Demand - that would be a good start.

On The Up
Simon+Woodus

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this guys hopefully sky will listen I think they do under estimate the wwe following in the uk
On The Up
Superhero1

I reckon that there should only be 1 recap show,that has all main WWE shows,also it annoys when there's sports like Tennis,or Snooker,that gets priority,&its wrestling that gets shoved to a later time,what should,and could be done is,move WWE programming to 1channel,where it wont clash with other sports,and basically have a wrestling channel.

Finally,Sky should stand up to VinceMcMahon,&whoever they negotiate with over rights,and get majority of PPV's back on SkySports,if Sky genuinely want WWE,& they want people to watch it,it has to be done.

On The Up
Superhero1

I wasnt aware it was On Demand,i cant see why they at Sky cant find the space in their schedules to put Raw on a Thursday for the 3hours that its meant to be on,instead of condensing it to 2hours.

Getting There
H+B+K+ONLINE

Very true and having unnecessary shows like wwe bottomline and wwe afterburn which are basically recaps of raw and smackdown could as rlough says be replaced with wwe main event.
Bumping wwe to other time slots and sometimes other sky sports channels to please snooker or darts or tennis fans is also something that's annoyed me for a long time. It's about time sky recognised the importance of wwe and its huge fan base.
Protégé
Mitchell-G

[ Edited ]

Superhero1 wrote:

I wasnt aware it was On Demand,i cant see why they at Sky cant find the space in their schedules to put Raw on a Thursday for the 3hours that its meant to be on,instead of condensing it to 2hours.

Raw is only 2 Hours, 15 minutes without the american advertising. To chop it down further, WWE only show the match card instead of the moving match card in a one on one match or/and remove the repeated ones throughout the show to save on more time. So you're not missing anything in matches or promos.