Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
satay2

Wireless send sky to second room

Hi I'm wanting to know the best way i could send sky to my second TV downstairs? I dont have a phone line in this room so sky multi room isn't an option, plus i dont want the further monthly expence. The TV sits directly underneath where my Sky HD comes into the house so the signal hasn't far to travel. I have wireless internet and ive read that this can cause problems with wireless video senders? I've only had sky installed for 4 months so dont want to invalidate any warranty! has anyone got any ideas on the best option to choose?

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Re: Wireless send sky to second room

The cheapest way would be to run a coaxial cable from the RF2 socket of your Sky box to the TV downstairs. A TV eye, or link, would allow you to change the Sky box channel remotely. The picture on your downstairs TV would be analogue TV quality, and the sound mono. However, I don't know how practical this would be for you.

A wireless videosender would transmit a better quality picture and stereo sound, but as you rightly point out, may be susceptible to interference from your wireless router. It connects to your scart socket and usually allow you to wirelessly control your Sky box as well. If you want excellent HD picture quality, there are HD videosenders available, albeit more expensive.

Neither option will invalidate your Sky box warranty.

How about giving the wireless videosender a try? Just make sure you buy one from a supplier who will accept returns if it doesn't work properly.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
satay2

Re: Wireless send sky to second room

Thanks Mark! I will try the video sender option and choose a retailer who will accept returns

Thanks again for your help/advice

Sue