Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
SDyche
Accepted Solution

Wireless Wont let me connect

Hi,

Im haveing problems with my PC connection to wireless at the mo it finds the network but wont connect i have managed to get it connected three time but then i cant load up thw web pages.

This first happend on Friday i took me 45 mins to sort and now again on Tues, can anyone help?

Steve

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Mentor
Xen-Pu+Ovid-Sophron-Naso

Re: Wireless Wont let me connect

[ Edited ]

Hi there: (Please do read all of this as it will help you setup your Windows Vista wireless notebook!)

Should you're be using either a Sky Netgear DG834GT/Sagem Wireless Router, (white/black), and supplied with it should be a credit card size card called/labeled "keep me handy" your user information card, that is supplied for usage with your wireless router. If your card is lost, please do look underneath your wireless router for this info:smileyembarrassed: A Sky SSID which contains both your Sky Network Key & Password, for that Sky wireless router you use!

Should you open up your notebook computer, or start up your PC to log on to the net, & the Sky Broadband Wireless Router does not detect/recognize your HP Notebook or PC, you'll need to input your correct "Sky Password", obtained for your Sky Netgear/Sagem Wireless Router that you use, & key in that correct Sky "Log-on Password" for that Sky wireless router, in order for you to log on to the net! - (When searching & selecting your Sky Log-on Network SSID from the Network Connections listings, do make sure to select the correct Sky log-on SSID & use the correct Sky SSID Password to log-on for that wireless router, that's supplied upon your "Sky SSID Card" for your Sky wireless router.) - If this should fail,...

Then, it may be necessary to initially connect up both your notebook/computer & wireless printer by a RJ45 cable to your router & get both the wireless printer's Mac Address & IP Address! Place both the Mac Address & IP address details for both your laptop & wireless printer in the reserve Mac Address & IP address fields section of the Sky Router, in order for these devices to work correctly with your Sky or other wireless router that you use!

You'll need to personally & manually input both the Mac Address & IP address details for all wireless devices & reserve these details within the Sky Wireless Router!

Afterwards, you'll need to log on to the net wirelessly, using your Sky wireless router using your Sky wireless router's login pass key that Sky provided for your wireless router's internet usage, for both your notebook Computer & wireless printer!

The same thing also goes for all your supplied notebook / wireless printer, devices that are to be setup/used upon any Sky wireless router or other ISP's supplied wireless router!

NB:smileyembarrassed: Wireless devices Mac Addresses do not change as these Mac Addresses remain static!

NB:smileyembarrassed: Wireless devices IP Addresses do change (not immediately - over time) as these IP Addresses aren't static!

Failure to reserve both your notebook & printer's Mac Address & IP address within your Sky or other router, will result with the laptop & wireless printer not being able to either connect or retain a valid Mac or IP addrss as this would cause the loss of wireless notebook & printer network connections for your wireless devices, as your devices does/will change their wireless IP Address settings constantly if these are not reserved, so therefore do get both these Mac Address & IP Address details fully reserved for both your notebook & wireless printer, within your Sky or other ISP Router Settings, & even within either your notebook or wireless printer. Don't worry if your wireless devices do not themselves reserve these details within there own menu systems et cetera, as your Sky or other ISP Routers, are designed to do this job for you!

NB :smileyembarrassed: Once these settings are done they will remain the same for all wireless devices:smileyembarrassed: As I did previously own a large 17" Dell WinXP Norwegian notebook computer!

You will need now to reset your My Sky password as follows:smileyembarrassed: :smileyembarrassed: Please "Sign in to My Sky" using your Sky User ID, https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky/sig​nin?srp=%2Fportal%2Fsite%2Fskycom%2Fmenuitem.29f0... and insert your Sky username/password options & select Forgotten either your "username" or "password" from one of those two options that's provided there, in order for you to change your old password. To do this you will go through some Sky security protocols. Once done, you can then only log back into either your Sky "E-mail & Tools" online account or Outlook 2010, or whatever you use et cetera, to read & answer all your e-mail.

Then try it again. try to use the Sky Unlock feature. https://www.google.com/a/sky.com/UnlockCaptcha

If that fails, you'll need to call Sky Support on 08442414141 - select option (3) then option (1) for Sky Broadband Support.

Thanks. Xen.

--------------------------------
If you feel I have been helpful, please click the star under my name to give me a kudos for this post, as I'll be very grateful :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you feel I have been helpful, please click the pink thumbs-up (bottom right) of this post to give me a kudos, as I'll be very grateful
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
SDyche

Hi I have had a 128 bit password set up on all my wireless products for the last year, these passwords are all still intact on the router and my login connection but it just wont let me in?

Staff
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

The password reset tool and unlock captcha tool are for My Sky and email. They won't affect the wireless network key. The links on this page may help.

Malcolm-M