Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Graduate
dersam

Wired DLNA server not accessible via Wifi (Sky Hub on Sky Fibre)

Does anyone have problems with DLNA servers connected via ethernet not being accessible via Wifi on the new Sky Hub? Wired devices can see my twonky server but wireless can't. If I unplug the openreach modem from the Sky Hub suddenly Wifi devices can see the server.

If I set up a dlna server on Wifi other Wifi devices can see it.

I had a similar problem with the Sagem 2504n until a new firmware was release middle of last year.

Going back to the Sagem for now and may ask for my £30 back that I paid for the downgrade!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Graduate
dersam

Re: Wired DLNA server not accessible via Wifi (Sky Hub on Sky Fibre)

got a reply from Sky the other day - think they completely mis-understood the problem!  Unsure how the routing capabiities of the new Sky Hub has anything to do with the OR modem.  Traffic should only go to the OR modem if it's going WAN, LAN trafic should not be switched to the OR modem - that's a Sky Router issue if it is!

Is anyone else having this issue at all?

"

At the moment there is no way of doing this without disconnecting the

Openreach Modem, I am aware that Openreach are working on this issue to allow 3rd party media servers to work on their equipment but there is no date as to when this will be done. We would not be able to trouble shoot this as it is outside of our remit."

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi dersam,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I am sorry to see you are having these issues.

This may be down to the firmware that is currently on your Router. Can you post the firmware that your Router is currently using and we will look in to this for you? To get the full router statistics go to http://192.168.0.1 then log in with admin and sky and click on show statistics.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Graduate
dersam

Re: Wired DLNA server not accessible via Wifi (Sky Hub on Sky Fibre)

[ Edited ]

Hi

It's 1.15i.2202.R and the OR modem is connected to Ethernet Port 1.  The router itself is set to WAN mode of Auto.  I have not tried to force it to use WANOE.

It appears it's not just a DLNA problem as my wireless devices cant see shared folders on devices on the LAN.

Thanks,

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi dersam,

Thanks for getting back to us on this.

I will look in to this further for you and will come back to you when we have more information on this.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions then please come back to us.

Thanks,