Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
roy+simpson

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F keep getting this error message

I have done the following to no avail

WHEN WINDOWS LIVE STARTS THE GREEN LINE ONLY GOE'S HAFEWAY THEN STOPS THEN GIVES THE MESSAGE BELOW.

I am using windows 8 Pro (another cr..p windows operating system)

I would aprecate any help.

(all spelling mistake ar intentenal)

FROM SKY

Thank you for your email.

I understand that you are unable to send or receive emails using Windows Live Mail and I appreciate your efforts for trying in Webmail.

Since the email services are getting migrated from Google to Yahoo Platform, it may take a little time for all your data to synchronize. I request you to delete the Sky email account from your Windows Live Mail and add it once again it to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below mentioned procedures to delete the Sky email account from your Windows Live Mail:

• Select Accounts Tab and then the Email Icon
  • Select the existing account and highlight it.
  • You will get an option either to delete or remove. Click on it.

After deleting the email account, please follow the below mentioned procedures to add the Sky email account:

This is a step-by-step process to setting up Windows Live on a computer / mobile.

1. Select Accounts tab and then the Email icon.
  2. Enter the following email account information:
  • Full Sky email address(For example: abcd@sky.com) and password.
  • There is then an option for letting Live Mail remember the password.
  • Enter a display name.
  • Tick the box Manually configure server settings and then click Next.
  1. Enter the following Server settings:
  • Select POP3 using the drop down.
  • The incoming server is pop.tools.sky.com.
  • Ensure the Incoming Server port is set to 995 for POP.
  • Tick the box for Requires a secure connection(SSL).
  • Ensure the Authenticate using drop down is set to Clear text.
  • Enter the outgoing server smtp.tools.sky.com.
  • Ensure the Outgoing Server port is set to 465.
  • Tick both boxes for Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.
  1. Click Next.
  2. Click Finish.
  3. To the left of the page, right click on the newly created account and select Properties.
  4. Select the Servers tab and ensure the following:
    • The full Sky email address in the Email Username field.
    • The option Log on using clear text authentication is selected.
    • The My server requires authentication is selected.
  5. Click the Settings button next to My server requires authentication.
  6. Ensure the dot is placed next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK.
  7. Click the Apply button and then OK.
  8. Send an email.

If the email is sent and it populates the Sent items folder then setup is complete.

If the email does not send or an error is received, perform the next check.

Check the Windows Live Mail settings
  1. Right click on your sky.com email.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Select Servers tab.
  4. Check the Account Properties:
  5. Select the Advanced tab and check the following properties:
  6. Click OK.
  7. Send an email.  

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

COMPLETED AS ABOVE BUT STILL DONT WORK

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

Re: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F keep getting this error message

Hi roy+simpson,

How are things today?  I'm sorry about delay in your response but at this point a lot of the migration issues have now been resolved.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
roy+simpson

today is the 28.04.2013 24 days after switch to yahoo..............

and guess what I STILL CAN NOT DOWNLOAD VIA WINDOWS LIVE ON WINDOWS 8 SOFTWARE.

THIS IS THE LATEST REASON AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING AND SO IT SHALL BE PROBABLY EVERMORE.

NOTICE FROM yahoo SERVER

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky (USER NAME REMOVED) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

SO WHY CAN'T YOU FIX IT ? 

please dont send me to the delete account proess have done that several times I just want a workking email program that I can use that is likce me simple.............

HELP_

jayach

[ Edited ]

Are you able to log in online? If so move all the emails in your inbox to a temporary folder and empty the spam folder. If WLM then loads O.K. there is probably a corrupt email. You can then Move any of the emails you want to download back to your inbox online and if the fault reoccurs then one of those emails is the culprit.

Super User
caesarome

Another possible fix:

Login to your Sky Yahoo Email account online and when you are click on your name at the top right and select account info. You will then be asked for your password again so enter this and then select login which will take you to a personal info screen. Just close this and then try your email client again.

If it does not work after doing this try deleting the sky account in your email client and then re-adding it again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Derek61

My issue was similar but only applied to sending EMails since I use a different POP3 provider.  The laest suggestion on re-inserting the password on webmail worked for me - I now only have to sort out my Android phone issue!.

Super User
caesarome

Derek61 wrote:

I now only have to sort out my Android phone issue!.

I don't know what your issue is but have you tried installing the Yahoo Email app and using it by signing in with your Sky details ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Derek61

I think I spoke too soon. It appears that I have to re-enter my passwork on Sky webmail prior to each Livemail session I start.

Visitor
roy+simpson

many thanks to all for the advice. I have tried most of the things listed. I also have a yahoo account that i use with no problems.

when using windows live it shows the list from the server about half way along the bar graph then stops stating windows live is not responding then gives the code 0X800CC0F funny thing is it's never at the same point twice. or downloading the same amount of emails.

Visitor
Derek61

Update on Windows Live issue - the SKY/Yahoo mail password now seems to have synched so no need for constant changes - thank you.

Android issue:   My account is set up to receive mail via Freeserve POP3 severs (so I can retain my long standing address) and to send mail via the Sky SMTP servers.  All mail to my Sky EMail address is set to store and forward to me via Freeserve.  All fine until 3 days ago when all my sent mail backed up in the outbox; incoming mail is still fine.

I have ckecked all SMTP server settings incl port 465 and SSL accept all certs. No mention in any guidelines made of any need for sign-in or subsequent authentication??

Re yr suggestion of using Yahoo App - I did this very simply using Sky credentials at the Yahoo Sign In page with no further input needed.  So can now sent EMails but cannt find any way to manually adjust the POP settings for incoming Freeserve mails.

Can you help please??

Occasional Visitor
ritacron

Thank you so much. Have been trying for days to get my windows mail working with no success. Phone calls to sky did not work either. I just needed to restart my P.C and eureka it was all done. Thank you once again