Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
Berryblog

Will there be any new HD channels coming this 2013?

The Sky HD roster is pretty impressive but i would appreciate HD channels such as;

Film 4 HD

Film 4 HD plus

BET HD

Sky Premier + HD

all of the MTV channels should be HD also, considering music vids are filmed in 720p these days.

considering the addional £10 extra we have to pay a month  for the HD service, i'd like near enough every channel to be HD!!

your thoughts please

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Will there be any new HD channels coming this 2013?

I think Film 4HD and More 4HD are due this year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Contributor
jackplane1960

Russia Today HD has launched today on channel 512
Frequent Visitor
Berryblog

Film 4 hd will be a great addition, but I still find there movement to be slow when it comes to getting said channels switched over to hd. 3-4 hd channels a year can be a pretty painful wait.
metallicorphan

BBC2 HD i think is happening in April(Replacing BBC HD)

Frequent Contributor
jackplane1960

More 4 HD will launch soon.
Frequent Visitor
Berryblog

More 4 HD will be a sweet edition. It would be pretty cool if they brought back the real VH1 channel, the one they show in the US that has loads of epic TV shows.
Contributor
Iceblues

However great the additions of HD channels are, there comes some that go.

Last year we saw the demise of Bio HD which viewers were dispointed to see go, replaced by Alibi HD. Sky Box Office HD1 has also gone since the launch of On Demand - so those without an unlimited broadband connection to their HD box will have restricted viewing choice.

Having too many HD channels will also degrade the bit rates - so we may end up every channel with the quality of FX HD and Eurosport HD.

Having said that, Film 4 HD I believe will be the biggest launch in a while, since will directly compete against Sky's movies channels.

Contributor
ManicAardvark

Sky Cinema 3D maybe (he says in hope & eager anticipation).
Contributor
merv60

When I asked about Film4HD, admittedly quite awhile ago, I was told Virgin have exclusive rights to it, so don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Completely agree about the music channels, can't believe that except for MTV LiveHD, all the others are in SD, so we have to watch music videos with a crappy pixelated quality. I've always figured they must be shot in HD, so show them in HD. I know this is isn't down to Sky but the channels themselves, but come on, it's high time they got their act together.

2TB STB 46" 3DLEDHDTV 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Super User
caesarome

merv60 wrote:

When I asked about Film4HD, admittedly quite awhile ago, I was told Virgin have exclusive rights to it, so don't hold your breath waiting for it.

Since then it has been announced that it will be appearing on the Sky HD channels sometime this year, hence me posting about it earlier !

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.