Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
delboys

Will sky show speedway next year (2014)

Will sky show speedway next year (2014)

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
jason-d

Re: Will sky show speedway next year (2014)

[ Edited ]

Good Evening delboys,

It's great to see you back in the community and thanks for posting your question.

Unfortunately I am not a fan of Speedway and not sure what Sky Sport's coverage of the sport will be next year however I will put it to them and report back with any information I get.

Speak to you soon.

Cheers,

jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
jason-d

[ Edited ]

Hello again delboys,

I have had word back from Sky Sports this morning which reads;

"The contract for the Speedway Elite league from 2014 is still up for negotiation so we are unable to comment on whether Sky Sports will be showing it."

Please check back with us in a few months time as this may have progressed. Alternatively keep an eye out at www.skysports.com/speedway and on Sky Sports News for more details.

Cheers,

jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips

mjr-tom

Can I add if Sky does not show speedway in 2014, I will not be renewing my Sky go,( which I cancelled when the season finished) and I will certainly be canceling my broadband and looking for another provider. I hope all other speedway fans do the same. I can not believe why sky forks out so much money to show overpaid fairy's running round a field trying to kick a sphere into a net,if a footballer breaks a nail he goes off injured,its rediculous and over published by the media! 

Occasional Visitor
Ivor+Heathen

We subscribe to Sky Broadband and Sky Sports mainly for their coverage of Speedway.

With no Sky coverage - We shall cancel our subsciption for Sky broadband and Sky Sports

BT hve some good offers for our future broadband needs and also some sport coverage.

Eurosport gave us pretty good coverage of Speedway Grand-Prix and European Championship. 

Community Manager
Ben-B

Hi mjr-tom and Ivor+Heathen,

Thanks for posting.

As jason-d said, the rights for the Speedway Elite league is still up for negotiation. 

Hopefully we will get the rights, but if not it may be one of our partner channels, keep an eye on the website for any breaking news.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

mjr-tom

[ Edited ]

Ben,                         

Thanks for keeping people in the know. I hope a deal is sorted out sooner rather than later. Anyway could you tell me who your partner channels are? Thankyou.

Occasional Visitor
David+caplin

I dunno if sky sports have a new dg but by god if speedway goes aswell as champions league plus indycart  there is precious little left to interest me I'm sad that a company that was good at coverage has decided to lose so much in a short space of time  and don't think they realise that speedway supporters will drop em like a stone which will be a high number I'd say it'll seal someone's demise at the top a once great sport provider has truly lost its sense of loyalty to subscribers if they can afford to lose so much money I'm sure Mr Murdoch won't be that happy at all 

Occasional Visitor
thunderstorm

I for one will be very sorry to see the loss of speedway from Sky tv. It is bad enough that we only get boxing every other week now since the openong of Box Nation why should I have to pay another £ 10 just to watch it Frank Warren dose not get enough out of boxing as it is it was a disgrace when that happened.

I must say though that there is talk on British Speedway Forum of a deal being made hopefully by this weekend so that will put us out of our wisery

Community Manager
Graham-H

Good Morning,

There's no news on Speedway for 2014 yet, but I'll update you when I find out. I asked Sky Sports the question a few weeks ago and made them aware that a number of customers were asking us about it. I was told that there is no news on this currently.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks.

Graham
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Occasional Visitor
mrmoonupresume5

Pull your finger out Sky and show Speedway!

Frequent Contributor
jlh78

BT must surely be trying to get the speedway.

The only motorsport they really have is Moto GP. This would complement it well.

Occasional Visitor
Adam+tartt

The deal will be only announced officially once the contract ends dec 31 2014. If sky don't renew there will be an exodus of subscribers as what does sky show ? Mainstream sports only but what it forgets is when summer here it needs subscribers to continue and there are few summer sports. They paid too much for football and will see a big drop off in subs during summers especially as predicted speedway goes elsewhere Sky you show no loyalty to long serving customers and expect the same in return
Contributor
CarlM1985

[ Edited ]

I recall an advert on BT Sport mentioning Speedway on Boxing Day during the West Ham vs Arsenal match, so they may have it. Would make sense since they have MotoGP.

Occasional Visitor
Adam+tartt

Not having seen the bt advert I couldn't say this was not correct but my suspicion was that it's concerning tai woffinden speedway world champ appearance rather than advert around coverage as stated the contract runs out 31 dec 2013. And don't believe anything to be announced before then ....tai won the the bt minority sport award