Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Guitar+Man

Will Sky+ work with a FreeSat from Sky card?

I currently have a Sky+ subscription that I'm thinking of cancelling. If I buy a FreeSat from Sky card will I still be able to use the box for recording programmes?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
On The Up
Will276

Re: Will Sky+ work with a FreeSat from Sky card?

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

In order to use the Sky+ features you must have the Sky+ subscription on your account.

You get this free when you subscribe to a Sky TV package, but if you cancel your TV package you must pay £10.25 per month for the Sky+ subscription.

So yes you can use the record, live pause and fast forward ect but it will cost £10.25 per month.

Hope this helps.

Will :-)
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Andy+K967

Most of the other Freesat Boxes available from other manufacturers allow you to record/pause tv for no extra charge and are HD. Why should I pay SKY £10.25/month to be able to record?

Super User
caesarome

Andy+K967 wrote:

Why should I pay SKY £10.25/month to be able to record?

If you subscribe to any tv package, even the cheapest option at £19 per month then you don't have to pay the £10.25 a month fee to use the recording facility.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
I'm New Here
whysthat

From what I've read further down you cant, which I think is a rip off. See the question posed by Andy+K967.

Why should someone pay to use the record facility on a sky+ box if they dont want to pay for a subscription, and have had a sky+ subscription for the full contract period+some?

How about someone giving a genuine honest answer to the question and not a polititians style answer!

Super User
caesarome

whysthat wrote:

How about someone giving a genuine honest answer to the question and not a polititians style answer!

What are you on about ?

The answer I posted above is correct, it is not my fault that you are not happy with it but that is what you have to do if you want to use the recording facility. If you want to complain then contact Sky and don't have a go at people who are just trying to help.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
barry+ford

Retired Staff Member
hadouken-andy

Hi barry+ford,

So the community offer assistance, it would be great if you could pop up a quick post detailing your query in more detail. 

As soon as we have this we can do our best to help :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Getting There
maggie11

if i canceled my tv viewing "SKYplus" and start using a Freesat card, my payment will go down to £22.75 a month.............this is only a reduction of £12 a month.........It's hardly worth the bother, and if i cant record, pause, or rewind i wont be too happy at all....

Super User
caesarome

If you cancel your tv subscripition then you will not be able to record, pause etc as you have to be a paying subscriber to be able to do this. The only other way around it is if you do cancel you can pay £10.25 a month and sky will enable the recording, pause, rewind functions on your box.

I do not work for Sky.
I'm New Here
cicely

I currently have a Sky subscription using two SKY+ boxes and one multiroom. If I simply cancel the multiroon so that the service in that room reverts to Freesat, will I still be able to use the SKY+ facilites (record, live pause, etc...) in that room.

El Capo
Kenneth+M

cicely wrote:

..... will I still be able to use the SKY+ facilites (record, live pause, etc...) in that room.....

Unfortunately not.

Graduate
zaax

[ Edited ]

No. But if you get a FREESAT+ box you can do that for free, which is the route I'm am going.

---
zaax