Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
adwilkins

Why is my download speed for sky on demand so slow. The download speed is showing 7840 kbps

I have checked and the download speed is showing 7840 kbps

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Can you tell us where the 7840kbps is shown?

Can you tell us where the 7840kbps is shown?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
priyakalyan

Re: Why is my download speed for sky on demand so slow. The download speed is showing 7840 kbps

adwilkins wrote:

I have checked and the download speed is showing 7840 kbps

There are lot of factors available to decrease your download speed like router problem,Simultaneously   if you run lot of software's,There may be  a chance of virus attack  in your system etc..So try to check everything and all.
If you have slow download speed,Try to keep in mind the following instructions
1.Get a download accelerator
2.Turn off all unused apps while downloading
3.Don't upload information while you're downloading
4.Make sure your router is free of any interference
5.Update your network device driver
6.You must always keep your computer clean of any viruses
7.clear your temporary download history files.
8.Use latest version of any browser
9.Do regular speed test.

10.Contact your service provider and tell them your problem,They will try to give a solution.
When i had the same problem,i followed the same ways.I am sure,it's very useful to increase your, download speed.Then you can check your new internet speed using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/