Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Simmer+73

Why does teletext not work now on sky sports?

Why does teletext not work now on sky sports? When teletext works through sky when watching BBC. It used to work on both channels 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Skys text service finished on the 30th of October unfortu...

Skys text service finished on the 30th of October unfortunately.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
francisconway

a week or so ago I could get teletext through my sky hd b...

a week or so ago I could get teletext through my sky hd box on all chanels except itv. now I can only get teletext on ch1 (141). please could you explain why.

Super User
kato

Re: a week or so ago I could get teletext through my sky hd b...

Because Sky have withdrawn their text service because it thought it was an under used service.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
joyce+major

i cant seem to get the text service on sky sports or any sky channel is there a reason .does anyone

the sky text button does not work cant access sky sports text even on red button, anyone help me

Super User
caesarome

Sky have closed Sky Text down, it was closed on Tuesday.

Sky have closed Sky Text down, it was closed on Tuesday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding Sky Text jo...

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding Sky Text joyce+major, I can help clear this up for you :smileyhappy:

Sky Text service will no longer be available on any of our Channels or via Freeview. We’re always looking to find new ways to bring you our great content and now with so many sky services available, you can still keep up to date with the latest news by going to sky.com.

You can keep up to date with News and Sports news with services such as Sky Sports News & Sky News channels, as well as the Sky Sports and Sky News apps and sites.

I hope this information helps. If you need anything clarified further, please feel free to post on our Community where we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
kipperbones2516

why have sky stopped the text service,i view this service...

why have sky stopped the text service,i view this service every-day for info on my and other clubs,do we get a reduction now because less service?

Contributor
kong170

Re: Why does teletext not work now on sky sports?

Sky have discontinued the text service and chosen to focus on improving their apps and website.

Highly unlikely that u will get a discount as the text service was a free service.
Occasional Visitor
howardearnshaw

why did sky just turn off their text service?... providing a glib statement that we can get theinformation on line just isn't good enough.

This, along with total disregard to long standing customers in favour of offers to new sunscribers really ticks me off, I'm seriously looking at switching.

Sky.. why not reward long time customers with a loyalty scheme instead of upping the prices on a regular bssis?

Tell us what's going on too...

brassed off from Yorkshire!!!!

Occasional Visitor
PARSHOOTER

Re: Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding Sky Text jo...

I want to access some items while I am watching TV!  My compurters are not in the rooms with the tv.  I also dont have a smart phone & don't want one.  I have no interest in your apps!   The attitude implicit in your post is symtomatic of SKY's attitude towards its customers.  There are clearly lots of people who have complained about thes new policy & especially the failure to give notice.  I am seriously thinking of switching from SKY to another provider!

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hey Guys, I totally appreciate that the removal of the Sky Text service has not been to everyone's liking, I know it upsets me when things change and I lose a service I regularly lose.

As explained earlier in the thread, this decision has been taken due to the amount of Sky services that are now available.

Your comments on this will be passed on as we do embrace all views on the changes we've made.

If you ever need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to post again.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Contributor
jlh78

Yet more content and services disappearing while the price goes up.

JCR3258

I agree with the others on this topic, I think it's dreadful that SKY would just withdraw such a useful service without notice and withouit reducing my sunbscription. It shows a complete lack of respect for the customer. I don't have an ipad or smartphone and I don't want to have to fire up my laptop just to check some scores, racing results or the FTSE index. I want the text service so i can do it all while I'm watching TV.

Bring text back now or I shall consider cancelling and going over to freeview and BT.:manmad:  

Frequent Contributor
jlh78

Andy-F21 wrote:

Hey Guys, I totally appreciate that the removal of the Sky Text service has not been to everyone's liking, I know it upsets me when things change and I lose a service I regularly lose.

As explained earlier in the thread, this decision has been taken due to the amount of Sky services that are now available.

Your comments on this will be passed on as we do embrace all views on the changes we've made.

If you ever need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to post again.

Thanks,

But you can use Skybet on lots of devices including ipads and PCs etc, yet the sky bet application remains on the sky box.

For the fourth time of asking now - why do you get rid of sky text but keep revenue generating applications like sky bet?